Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noise at 10500Hz
My Devialet (am a new owner of a Dev200) is very nice but has one problem which I really do not like. It constantly makes (even when "off" with lights off on the top panel) a very annoying low-volume constant sound/noise at around the 10500Hz frequency... See the attached picture (spectrogram set at +18decibel gain to make the line very visible).

[I also tried to attach the WAV file but that is not an allowed file type on this forum...]

The volume of that constant noise is low but the frequency is high like a 'tinnitus' so it is utterly annoying.

Did anyone have that issue and knows a solution to get rid of that noise from the Devialet 200? (I know I first have to unplug my other devices in the room and then plug them back, one by one, to identify a potential interference with another device. I will do that asap...)
I just asked the Devialet Support about this, and am waiting for their feedback.
Main System: B&W Nautilus 804 - Devialet 200 - Devialet AIR on Ethernet/Wifi + USB for the DSD files - a Windows 7 netbook with Foobar2000 [and also a 5.1 system connected to the Devialet pass-thru, for the blu-ray films...]

Second system: Focal Electra 907 Be - Musical Fidelity M6i - Eastern Electric Minimax Supreme DAC (with Bursons Opamps) - Marantz CD5004
I think what you're describing is acoustic noise from the Devialet's switch-mode power supply.

There's more about it in this thread: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=860 and on Devialet's website: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...n-stand-by-.

To summarise: Devialet say this is normal, although the volume of the noise seems to vary quite a lot between units.  If it's really annoying you, it might be worth contacting your dealer to see whether they can arrange to swap the unit (but it's probably a matter of luck whether a replacement will be quieter).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Thanks for your reply! In my case, I just found how to eliminate the noise at 10500Hz: I have to remove/unplug the Ethernet 8-ports switch... The only problem is I lost my ethernet for many devices then (as my router only has 4 ethernet plugs)... I have to find another Ethernet switch that does not cause the strange interference with the Devialet that I experienced...

The noise described in the other thread, I also still do hear, all the time. But that is a very faint noise and it is at lower frequencies, not around 10000Hz, i.e. it is much easier to live with. (Although,yes, it should not make that noise either. My much cheaper Musical Fidelity M6i makes no such noise even when I put my ear very close to it.... Shame on Devialet for producing such expensive devices yet allow them to produce the noise described in the other thread...)
Main System: B&W Nautilus 804 - Devialet 200 - Devialet AIR on Ethernet/Wifi + USB for the DSD files - a Windows 7 netbook with Foobar2000 [and also a 5.1 system connected to the Devialet pass-thru, for the blu-ray films...]

Second system: Focal Electra 907 Be - Musical Fidelity M6i - Eastern Electric Minimax Supreme DAC (with Bursons Opamps) - Marantz CD5004
Correction: The noise at 10500Hz comes directly from the Ethernet switch itself. The Devialet is, in that specific case, now discharged from any accusations for the 10500Hz noise ;-)

Good to hear you've fixed one source of noise, at least Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK