Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Physics speaker?
Anyone experienced AP speakers with their devialet? I 'm considering the Virgo 25 but haven't got around to demo it yet. But would love to know if any owners could share some experience?
Hi Supra, I'm using AP speakers with Devialet. I have heard AP Virgo 25 and Virgo 25+ with D200 and i found them a very good match.
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

I have a Virgo 25+ and D200. They are a pretty good match. SAM does work well and sound natural on them - can't say that for all speakers I've tried.
Here also a satisfied AP - Devialet user.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Thanks for the feedback. May I ask what's your room size and how do you find your D200 couple with AP virgo and above? Does the D200 push the Virgo / Cardeas to its full potential? I currently have the 400 and considering the Virgo25.
I've tried a D400 with Cardeas+ and the D400 is getting a better performance out of these speakers. im not dissatisfied with SQ of Cardeas and D200 though but i'm planning to buy a companion in the future. I guess that decision also depends on what new product Devialet will launch later this year.

My listening room isn't particular big: 4.5m x 6m x 3.5m (high). But it is essentially part of a much larger en-suite room with dining room and conservatory connected (4.5m x 13 x 3.5m).
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

thats quite a large space but I guess the cardeas should have no probe to fulfil the space.

I don't have enough width at my rented place so slightly worried about the speaker's dual bass firing both sides.
The AP's do benefit from from a proper placement like all speakers. How far apart can you place them?

The Netherlands

I can place them about 2.8m apart, but I'm more concerned about the distance from the speaker to the side walls, which I think will only leave about 0.3m each side.
my dealer placed mine 2.4 meters apart. What i understood from him that distance to sidewalls wasn't the biggest problem for the Cardeas. Woofer setup for Cardeas differs from Virgo though, so maybe a Virgo owner could comment on their speaker placement.

The Netherlands