Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I run a Phantom without a fixed line internet connection?
I'm about to move house for six months while our place is renovated, and at my new apartment there is no fixed phone line. I could install one, but I wouldn't use it for anything other than ADSL internet. Currently, my setup is router ----> Dialogue -----> single Silver Phantom.

My question: If I'm using a mobile 4G internet connection (via my phone) can I use tethering to run the Phantom? If so, how do I do this?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew
Does your router allow it to be set up as a wireless client rather than an access point? If so, you could do that and get it to connect to your mobile wifi hot spot - then all lan ports on your router would have internet access.

If it doesn't support working as a wireless client, you could purchase an Apple Airport Express and use it as I have described - they have the ability to work as a wireless client (I'm using one in this mode to connect my Dialog to our home wireless as I can't run a cable).

Cheers
JD
Airport express is the perfect solution .... Thanks.

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where I live, I've no phone line, So I use a LTE modem, huawey device connected to a wifi switch connected to my network (through a netgear router with proper wireless capability). And no problem, it work very well Big Grin
Hi! I'm planning on taking the phantoms (2 + dialog) out to the lake house for the weekend. There is no internet nor cell service. Can I still operate them? I am hoping that with an Apple Airport Express I can create an internal wifi network that isn't actually connected to the internet, manually connect the dialog, which will wirelessly connect to both phantoms... and just play from Spotify Connect with my offline catalogue? Or my computer with a external hard drive of music?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
(07-Feb-2018, 17:30)ThorMordecai Wrote: Hi! I'm planning on taking the phantoms (2 + dialog) out to the lake house for the weekend. There is no internet nor cell service. Can I still operate them? I am hoping that with an Apple Airport Express I can create an internal wifi network that isn't actually connected to the internet, manually connect the dialog, which will wirelessly connect to both phantoms... and just play from Spotify Connect with my offline catalogue? Or my computer with a external hard drive of music?

Sure can.
(07-Feb-2018, 17:30)ThorMordecai Wrote: Hi! I'm planning on taking the phantoms (2 + dialog) out to the lake house for the weekend. There is no internet nor cell service. Can I still operate them? I am hoping that with an Apple Airport Express I can create an internal wifi network that isn't actually connected to the internet, manually connect the dialog, which will wirelessly connect to both phantoms... and just play from Spotify Connect with my offline catalogue? Or my computer with a external hard drive of music?

I have this exact same issue, yet no Airport Express. I have both a Reactor and Phantom Gold I'd like to stream music to but no internet right now. Can I use one of my phones to tether and another phone to run the apps along w/Spotify to get this to work? I don't want to lug them up there otherwise, or should I just get a Verizon hotspot thing?