Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RS232 Link status NONE
Hi Guys.. Wink Hope you all are good.... Been away from this forum for quite a while. Bet you didn't miss me!

Well, after over 3 years, I decided to re-commission my Expert 440 which had been boxed up when we had to move to a new home. It has taken so long because my Wife contracted a serious illness, and until now, I have not had the time to commit to putting all back together again.

So, a few weeks ago, I took the plunge... finding all the right cables etc was a bit of a struggle, but we got there... or so I thought...

The first issue was that even though the 220s have been chained using a short audioquest cable as set in my configurator, no sound is forthcoming from the companion.

I then noticed that the companion display shows that "Companion Mode" is ON, "Input" is set to RS232 (?? where's that?), but "Link Status" is NONE. SEE ATTACHED

OK, so have I missed a cable????

Something in the back of my mind is niggling me about the trigger port but it may be totally irrelevant..

Was hoping to enjoy some Xmas music ..

Tried to solve it by re-examining the configurator (even more confusing now!) ...but then tried Devialet email support, and they are not responding with anything remotely helpful after 2 weeks of trying, apart from stock/bot answers, and they dont answer the phone either !!! Very disappointed!
I feel a bit let down given the amount of money I have spent on their products, as well as a big upgrade (Core Infinity, if I remember correctly) a few years ago...

Hope someone can help...

Cheers

Keith

HAPPY XMAS Guys!

Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.