Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade details
(20-Jul-2016, 08:37)ogs Wrote:
(19-Jul-2016, 18:36)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Re: the streaming board - I'd like to think they've thought of approaching an existing manufacturer - e.g Sonore with their microRendu - but that's not really Devialet's way is it? (!) Technically I'm interested to see how they can update the OS on the new streaming board without removing it each time. I guess they must have the capability already built in but it's quite tricky stuff.

That would be nice! An OEM version of the microRendu inside our Expert amps... connected to the internal i2s bus. But then AIR must be ported to Linux/ARM. And there are lots of other problems arising from this too. Power to the board, firmware for two different architectures within the same box. As you say; tricky stuff. Confused reported in a post further up that Devialet is thinking of an ARM based streamer board. Makes it easier for them to follow streamer trends if they choose to do this.

I dont think they (Devialet) will source a solution from somebody else. But the functionality of a microRendu built in on a streamerboard would be a darn nice feature.

We can just wait and see no more to do, hopfully they will come forth with some information regarding the streamerboard when they release information about the upgrade. I can wait for it if they get it right this time and comes out with a stellar streaming functionality........
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Regarding the question on the streamer bord - it's like @Antoine pointed out:
"what I think is meant is that they're deliberating if they'll bundle the upgrade with the new hardware/software (streaming/OS board) that's ready at the time of upgrade later this year but perhaps not mature enough yet or if they'll wait until it actually meets their set goals. Initially I read it like you did, so them still being in the design phase and looking on the market, but in vain, for the right components to implement their visioned product."
They are still internally thinking about either to bundle the upgrade with the new hardware/software which is around Q3/Q4 - or having the streaming solution in addition Q1 2017 which would then be provided as a plugin solution which can easily be done by customers on their own.
(19-Jul-2016, 15:47)Nightmare Wrote: Maybe it´s worth to take a look in the other thread to be informed?!

I couldn't find that other thread and that is the reason I asked. Please excuse me if I have missed it. Perhaps you can give me the link. Thanks Shy
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(19-Jul-2016, 20:29)thumb5 Wrote:
(19-Jul-2016, 20:17)Wdw Wrote: Has anyone posted their experience with the Oxford event....haven't seen any comments?

There's 15 pages or so here... http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3145.

Ah thumbs up thumb5. I was wondering why everyone had disappeared after the Oxford event, these 15 pages will provide a good read before I go sleep :-)
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(20-Jul-2016, 14:38)tategoi Wrote:
(19-Jul-2016, 15:47)Nightmare Wrote: Maybe it´s worth to take a look in the other thread to be informed?!

I couldn't find that other thread and that is the reason I asked. Please excuse me if I have missed it. Perhaps you can give me the link. Thanks Shy

Search with Oxord Big Grin

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...ght=Oxford