Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade details
(22-Jun-2016, 19:08)MightyMart Wrote: I got the same answer today from Devialet on Facebook:

"Hi Martin, we will release more information mid-July about the upgrade. Stay alert!"

I thinks it's weird they actually ask people if they're interested in buying something without telling them how much it costs. Maybe Devialet has a problem with funding and/or liquidity at the moment and need to be particularly careful not over investing. Does anyone know...?

It does seem a rather bizarre marketing strategy since it is bound to kill sales of current models and confound those of us that were asked about upgrading with little information.   Hard to imagine that they can assume that all of us that replied to the email will actually buy-in regardless of price.   Still, they have piqued our interests, haven't they.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(22-Jun-2016, 20:09)mdconnelly Wrote:
(22-Jun-2016, 19:08)MightyMart Wrote: I got the same answer today from Devialet on Facebook:

"Hi Martin, we will release more information mid-July about the upgrade. Stay alert!"

I thinks it's weird they actually ask people if they're interested in buying something without telling them how much it costs. Maybe Devialet has a problem with funding and/or liquidity at the moment and need to be particularly careful not over investing. Does anyone know...?

It does seem a rather bizarre marketing strategy since it is bound to kill sales of current models and confound those of us that were asked about upgrading with little information.   Hard to imagine that they can assume that all of us that replied to the email will actually buy-in regardless of price.   Still, they have piqued our interests, haven't they.

I don't think they have problems with funding or liquidity, but I suspect their marketing department is the issue here. They seem very fond of teasers, followed by big reveals. 

If the objective is to create noise/excitement, then it sort of works, but it is frustrating for the rest of us who want to know what's going on.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(23-Jun-2016, 07:54)ozthepoz Wrote: If the objective is to create noise/excitement, then it sort of works, but it is frustrating for the rest of us who want to know what's going on.

I think we're all like those spoiled children who cannot wait the 25th of December to unpack the presents lying under the Christmas tree... Smile
That´s why we unpack on December 24th already in Germany Big Grin
Mention of an upgrade scheme from 800 to 1000 on KJ West's website:

http://www.kjwestone.co.uk/news/devialet...e-1000-pro

It's right at the bottom of the page. No details though. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(04-Jul-2016, 14:13)GuillaumeB Wrote: Mention of an upgrade scheme from 800 to 1000 on KJ West's website:

Guillaume

And (For the first time?) a price for the 1000Pro. So now we can all bring out the calculators and work out what the upgrade might cost.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(04-Jul-2016, 16:36)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(04-Jul-2016, 14:13)GuillaumeB Wrote: Mention of an upgrade scheme from 800 to 1000 on KJ West's website:

Guillaume

And (For the first time?) a price for the 1000Pro. So now we can all bring out the calculators and work out what the upgrade might cost.

The upgrade from 800 to 1000Pro will cost approximately 8000, euro's that is.
Aurender X100L - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Vivid Audio GIYA G4
Silent Angel Bonn N8 - Shunyata DENALI 6000/S Version 2
Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus USB - Crystal Cable Reference Diamond Speaker
Crystal Cable Reference Diamond Power
I heard from my dealer that Devialet wanted the upgrade price to be the price difference between the current 15% off new price and the price of the new corresponding Pro model. It's good if true.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(04-Jul-2016, 19:06)Dr Tone Wrote: I heard from my dealer that Devialet wanted the upgrade price to be the price difference between the current 15% off new price and the price of the new corresponding Pro model.  It's good if true.

That sounds about right. The upgrade price I've heard from my dealer is 8000 and the price for a new 1000Pro will be over 27k. The new 200 (don't know the exact name) will be in the 8k5 region and last but not least, the 1000Pro is in fact a L'Original d'Atelier, or at least will be after all L'Original d'Atelier's have a small (free) hardware upgrade.
Aurender X100L - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Vivid Audio GIYA G4
Silent Angel Bonn N8 - Shunyata DENALI 6000/S Version 2
Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus USB - Crystal Cable Reference Diamond Speaker
Crystal Cable Reference Diamond Power
(04-Jul-2016, 19:22)Jp. Wrote:
(04-Jul-2016, 19:06)Dr Tone Wrote: I heard from my dealer that Devialet wanted the upgrade price to be the price difference between the current 15% off new price and the price of the new corresponding Pro model.  It's good if true.

That sounds about right. The upgrade price I've heard from my dealer is 8000 and the price for a new 1000Pro will be over 27k. The new 200 (don't know the exact name) will be in the 8k5 region and last but not least, the 1000Pro is in fact a L'Original d'Atelier, or at least will be after all L'Original d'Atelier's have a small (free) hardware upgrade.

If I follow it correctly, does this suggest that current Le200 (eur 7k) and Le200 pro (eur 8.5k) so the upgrade cost will be approx eur 2.5k (8.5k- 0.85x 7k)?