Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
Thanks for the clarification. Lets see how the Phantom and Expert integration would work out. Interesting times ahead for us Devialet owners.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
Fantastic write-up as always @Confused.

Disappointed by the contents personally, but there's nothing you could do about that Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Picking up on some of the questions above.  Someone did ask about the upgrade costs for the D200 etc.  The answer was that all pricing was being given to the dealers, but figures were not mentioned.  That's it!  NDA's are over, the dealers have the prices, apparently.  I'm guessing these will be announced 'soon'.

The new firmware is immanent.  (soon?) Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Thank you Confused for sharing what you heard!

General remark, regarding PLC, there should be no place for PLC in high end audio IMO. Instead of them filtering it out why not simply not use it. They can try to filter it out (which means attenuate it) but can all our other equipment do this? It's hypocritical. One should at least be able to disable it completely.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(13-Jul-2016, 22:53)Antoine Wrote: Thank you Confused for sharing what you heard!

General remark, regarding PLC, there should be no place for PLC in high end audio IMO. Instead of them filtering it out why not simply not use it. They can try to filter it out (which means attenuate it) but can all our other equipment do this? It's hypocritical. One should at least be able to disable it completely.

I had similar thoughts to be honest.  There is a very simple solution to this though, just don't use the PLC function?  I am guessing that this will be like the current Expert wifi, and you can simply disable it in the configurator.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Thanks very much for the write up Confused. I rate your story telling skills somewhere between astonishing and jaw dropping.  Tongue

The fact that the ADH hardware is already installed in the O d'A... does it still need to go back to France for the upgrade of the class D amp? I guess it doesn't matter if it has to go back for the new PEM/power supply anyway.  Huh  

I just checked the Devialet site and there's no new firmware / configuration for the Pro yet. I find this a little strange. They have a working Pro at Oxford Audio yet they don't have the firmware / config files for it. So, if someone would have bought one today they would have to keep it on factory settings. Hmmm...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Jul-2016, 23:20)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Thanks very much for the write up Confused. I rate your story telling skills somewhere between astonishing and jaw dropping.  Tongue

The fact that the ADH hardware is already installed in the O d'A... does it still need to go back to France for the upgrade of the class D amp? I guess it doesn't matter if it has to go back for the new PEM/power supply anyway.  Huh  

I just checked the Devialet site and there's no new firmware / configuration for the Pro yet. I find this a little strange. They have a working Pro at Oxford Audio yet they don't have the firmware / config files for it. So, if someone would have bought one today they would have to keep it on factory settings. Hmmm...

No...   The 1000 Pro at Oxford today was Devialet's.  Oxford Audio are getting one for stock & demos, it is due to arrive 'soon'.  So there are none actually for sale / immediate collection yet.  I'm sure the good folk at Oxford would accept a deposit though.

Oh, and don't forget the O'dA needs to go back for the new solid copper base as well.......

Actually, thinking about your O'dA Pim, it will have travelled about twice around the planet but the time you have it at full Pro spec! Huh
Excellent write up from Brian. No doubt Ian G will chime in with more details tomorrow.

My feeling is that the 1000 Pro has been brought out too soon after the O d'A. The whole business just doesn't sit right with me. 

I think it's great that they are trickling down all the new technologies and offering a comprehensive upgrade scheme to existing Expert owners, but I shouldn't be thinking about sending my units back to France quite so soon; this feels more like a recall. What will return from France is an O d'A mk2 with a new base plate and power supply. 

The O d'A should have been the 1000 Pro limited edition to start with. That would have felt so much better. Instead I now have the knowledge that there is a better model in the range. I can upgrade to it, sure, but it might take 6-12 months to get there. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
So is the 1000Pro really better than O d'A? One has to compare it in the same room with the same speaker(s). I am wondering how much any improvement in amp/power supply will really translate in better sound compared to better digital inputs? Is a upgrade to pro necessary to use the "upcoming" server/streamer board?
This .5% vs 2% class A is a little weird. A listen will be required but I have expectation bias already.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2