Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 1000 Pro
(27-Jun-2016, 11:46)PhilP Wrote:
(27-Jun-2016, 11:34)Axel Wrote: According to August's Hi Fi News &Record Review, the Expert 100 Pro will have white power buttons (whoopee), a 4kW (peak) switch mode power supply, will be finished in black chrome, and the price is anticipated to be £22,900.

That's quite a price hike over the 800 (£17,970) +27%.

My view is the Le 120 and Le 200 both offer exceptional value for money at current prices. If a similar % rise is applied across the range these 'entry level' models will be significantly less attractive and I think its very likely that sales will be badly affected.

Plus, the UK £ has dropped over 8% against the euro over the last 4 days.  (at the time of writing) Assuming £22,900 was set prior to this, we are now looking at nearer £24,900. Angry
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I just went to have a quick listen to the expert pro d1000 (Weiss 301, b&w802) at the Hong Kong dealer. I can only compare this exact setup against d400. It has a lot more texture, the mid range is more solid, better separation amongst different instruments, darker backgrounds and faster. It just sound more real.

The dealers weren't given much more information. What I learned on pricing (still tbc): recent purchases will cost about euro 1k less for the upgrade, le120 can be upgraded to new 200 at slightly higher price (no guidance yet). D250 cannot be upgraded without companion (I.e. Only 800 is upgradable initially); only d1000 will have the copper bottom; the only visual change to the new series is the button (changed from black to white), streamoard availability unknown, software unknown, ODA will be upgraded to d1000 via software.
(27-Jun-2016, 11:34)Axel Wrote: According to August's Hi Fi News &Record Review, the Expert 100 Pro will have white power buttons (whoopee), a 4kW (peak) switch mode power supply, will be finished in black chrome, and the price is anticipated to be £22,900.

Was that a news item or a review?

I was informed that, given the price hike for the 1000, the OdA may actually be good value for money (especially after taking into account the free upgrades) even when compared to buying an 800 with a 15% discount and a 15% discount for the upgrade cost from 800 to 1000.
(27-Jun-2016, 12:50)warpeon Wrote: I just went to have a quick listen to the expert pro d1000 (Weiss 301, b&w802) at the Hong Kong dealer. I can only compare this exact setup against d400. It has a lot more texture, the mid range is more solid, better separation amongst different instruments, darker backgrounds and faster. It just sound more real.

The dealers weren't given much more information. What I learned on pricing (still tbc): recent purchases will cost about euro 1k less for the upgrade, le120 can be upgraded to new 200 at slightly higher price (no guidance yet). D250 cannot be upgraded without companion (I.e. Only 800 is upgradable initially); only d1000 will have the copper bottom; the only visual change to the new series is the button (changed from black to white), streamoard availability unknown, software unknown, ODA will be upgraded to d1000 via software.

Lucky you

Since the 800 is better than the 400, the 1000 being better than the 400 is to be expected (as the 1000 is also reportedly better than the un-upgraded OdA).

The true comparative would be 1000 vs 800 and, at a more achievable budget, 400 Pro (or whatever it will be called) vs 400. If the new sound has more warmth and better timbre, it will appeal to a lot more people who have found/criticised the sound to be thin, etc.
Also,was told the cheapest way to get to the new pro is buy now (@15% discount) then upgrade (if price is the only factor) but savings may not be that much.
(27-Jun-2016, 13:05)warpeon Wrote: Also,was told the cheapest way to get to the new pro is buy now (@15% discount) then upgrade (if price is the only factor) but savings may not be that much.

What does the black chassis/white button look like?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Just look closely at the first pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(27-Jun-2016, 13:43)warpeon Wrote: Just look closely at the first pic.

which pic?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(27-Jun-2016, 12:50)warpeon Wrote: I just went to have a quick listen to the expert pro d1000 (Weiss 301, b&w802) at the Hong Kong dealer. I can only compare this exact setup against d400. It has a lot more texture, the mid range is more solid, better separation amongst different instruments, darker backgrounds and faster. It just sound more real.

This contradicts somewhat the dealer information i got in that upgrade prices for le120 and 200 would be equal. OdA is not a software only upgrade and streamer upgrade (which is a dealer fitted upgrade) is planned for Q2 2017. I don't know about upgradeability of le250 and D-premier. Devialet hasn't communicated this to dealers i guess, but it would be a shame if your information is correct and Devialet let former D-premier and 240 buyers stand in the cold by not giving them the opportunity to benefit from the developments.
The dealer said nothing (pricing, timetable) is finalized yet. So, things may still change. I personally dont expect the French will release more info until after Bastille day