Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Air Software
Has anyone experienced as problem similar to mine with the Air software?  With Air 3 installed on my mac book pro w/ retina display the Devialet/Air icon is not visible on the menu bar-instead there is a blank placeholder which is functional- in other words if I hover over the place holder I can activate, deactivate, etc. Air.  

Devialet suggested I un-install/reinstall the software- but this has not fixed the problem.  I have the same software installed on an old 17" Mac book pro without the same problem

By the way,  despite the icon issue,  the Air 3 soft ware has been totally stable in terms of streaming.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
220 Pro CI,  B&W 805 D3,  SVS ultra sub with upgrade.  Streaming with Sirius XM and Tidal
(24-Jun-2016, 15:08)aftonomos Wrote: Has anyone experienced as problem similar to mine with the Air software?  With Air 3 installed on my mac book pro w/ retina display the Devialet/Air icon is not visible on the menu bar-instead there is a blank placeholder which is functional- in other words if I hover over the place holder I can activate, deactivate, etc. Air.  

Devialet suggested I un-install/reinstall the software- but this has not fixed the problem.  I have the same software installed on an old 17" Mac book pro without the same problem

By the way,  despite the icon issue,  the Air 3 soft ware has been totally stable in terms of streaming.

Thanks

If it's stable DON"T TOUCH IT!!!  Big Grin

Since you have the same issue on two computers, did you use the same download or did you download AIR separately?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(25-Jun-2016, 01:07)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(24-Jun-2016, 15:08)aftonomos Wrote: Has anyone experienced as problem similar to mine with the Air software?  With Air 3 installed on my mac book pro w/ retina display the Devialet/Air icon is not visible on the menu bar-instead there is a blank placeholder which is functional- in other words if I hover over the place holder I can activate, deactivate, etc. Air.  

Thanks

If it's stable DON"T TOUCH IT!!!  Big Grin

Since you have the same issue on two computers, did you use the same download or did you download AIR separately?

same download used to install on both computers but only new macbook pro with retina display has an issue.
Oops, didn't read that properly.  Blush
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Thanks

Answered my own question.  The Devialet Air icon only shows if the "automatically hid/show menu bar" option is unchecked.  Sounds like this is a software bug.[img]webkit-fake-url://4df95d7d-dc65-43e0-9743-c962a2e3a2af/image.tiff[/img]