Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from HK dealer -Expert 1000PRO
Hi,

From Devialet dealer in HK, posted in a audio forum from HK:

> I've been informed that some information is allowed to go public. 
So here are the first hand information.

Expert 1000PRO - the 1st product in Expert Line V6. 

5 new patents are gained for V6 platform:
Revolution ADH hybrid circuit sensor in Class A (controlling Class D current amp) has improved from 8bits to 10bits (jump from 256 levels to 1024 levels). 
New Class A amp
New Class D amp
New Magic Wire DAC
New Power Supply- Power Supply is improved from 2800W to 4000W of peak power and decoupling from mains network by 15dB!
New Thermal management - In order to provide 1000W output the heat dissipation , Expert 1000PRO has an extra 2.5kg bottom plate made of pure copper. 

First time officially announced that Expert 1000PRO is ready for Devialet OS. The new OS streaming (DLNA/uPNP, Bluetooth, PLC, AirPlay and MORE*), Phantom integration, will be available in 2017 with a free hardware upgrade. 
another devialet expert hardware upgrade in 2017 ?
I wonder what they mean exactly with 15dB decoupling of the mains network. A power input noise reduction of 15dB?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks for sharing.

If you look closely at the pictures on the D900 marketing material, you will notice that the ADH circuits are already labelled v6.0. This would confirm that there are actually two operations in the pipe :
  • one which is to bring the full Expert range to the technological level of the D900, with a full new set of boards ; this is what we have been talking about and is going to happen gradually til the end of this year ; reasons why the level of details available when the D900 was released and today is different is probably related to the fact that the patents were not granted at that time ; would be interesting to look at patents filing of Devialet Wink
  • one which will allow the implementation of new networking functionalities, which would imply changing the network board of the machines, which seems to be feasible, if not on customer's site, but at least at the dealer's. This new functionalities look to be scheduled for 2017.
(25-Jun-2016, 08:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I wonder what they mean exactly with 15dB decoupling of the mains network. A power input noise reduction of 15dB?

This is probably what makes the D900 so easy to feed in terms of PS and explains why Devialet is not taking such great care of power cords aso. Will be difficult for adepts of sophisticated power regulations and ground isolation to accept, but this is a very interesting feature IMHO Smile
(25-Jun-2016, 08:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I wonder what they mean exactly with 15dB decoupling of the mains network. A power input noise reduction of 15dB?

I was thinking the same....   Also, does this mean that the new models will now be totally immune from any perceived benefits of expensive power cables?  (for those who can perceive the benefits of power cables, PLEASE lets not start a power cable 'debate') Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Anyway, I had a thought.....

We now have some information regarding the new DAC/ADH core:

# New ADH Intelligence
Each element of the ADH core have been carefully rethought in order to design the new version of the ADH Intelligence which provides significant performances improvements at all power levels.

Revolution ADH hybrid circuit sensor in Class A (controlling Class D current amp) has improved from 8bits to 10bits (jump from 256 levels to 1024 levels)

Quite what all this means in real world terms I am not sure, my wild guess is that the new amps will sound better, maybe more detail, better definition and dynamics etc.  Although this remains to be seen.  (heard)

Anyway, one thing occurred to me.  This forum is full of many posts dealing with the issue of what sounds best plugged into a Devialet, different streamers, AIR, Mutec's, microRendus, Aurenders vs Melcos vs Byston vs Aurilic, etc, etc.  More recently, even the epically expensive dCS upsampler and master clock has found itself plugged into a Devialet.  Reading though this forum you can get some idea of what sounds best at various price points.  A few of us will have been lucky enough to have listened to some of these options in back to back testing, and will know via their own ears what works and sounds good.
But now we have this new DAC / ADH intelligence 10 bit configuration, I think this has the potential change everything!  Consider, this new 'ADH intelligence' might be so smart that every and anything plugged into a Devialet will be elevated to more or less the same sound quality.  So all of a sudden, £10k streamers will sound much the same as £1k devices, or even AIR, quite simply the dac is so good it sorts out all the front end issues and drives SQ to the max.  Or maybe this will flip the other way, and the sonic benefits from an Aurender W20, dSC or whatever rig will actually provide a bigger and more apparent sonic leap, making the front end even more critical than it was before.  Then we have AES/EBU vs USB, the impact of this is reasonably well established with the current models, but will this change with the new DAC/ADH?  Or maybe the new DAC stuff is just marketing speak, and things will remain much as they were.  I guess it will be fun finding out either way!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(25-Jun-2016, 07:26)johnsap Wrote: another devialet expert hardware upgrade in 2017 ?

Yes as I see it the new streamerboard will come next year and if this is correct it will be for free (I asume that this is only available to them that has made the upgrade to a Expert Pro) so the cost for this new board is perhaps baked in the price of the upgrade.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(25-Jun-2016, 09:13)Confused Wrote: Anyway, I had a thought.....

We now have some information regarding the new DAC/ADH core:

# New ADH Intelligence
Each element of the ADH core have been carefully rethought in order to design the new version of the ADH Intelligence which provides significant performances improvements at all power levels.

Revolution ADH hybrid circuit sensor in Class A (controlling Class D current amp) has improved from 8bits to 10bits (jump from 256 levels to 1024 levels)

Quite what all this means in real world terms I am not sure, my wild guess is that the new amps will sound better, maybe more detail, better definition and dynamics etc.  Although this remains to be seen.  (heard)

Anyway, one thing occurred to me.  This forum is full of many posts dealing with the issue of what sounds best plugged into a Devialet, different streamers, AIR, Mutec's, microRendus, Aurenders vs Melcos vs Byston vs Aurilic, etc, etc.  More recently, even the epically expensive dCS upsampler and master clock has found itself plugged into a Devialet.  Reading though this forum you can get some idea of what sounds best at various price points.  A few of us will have been lucky enough to have listened to some of these options in back to back testing, and will know via their own ears what works and sounds good.
But now we have this new DAC / ADH intelligence 10 bit configuration, I think this has the potential change everything!  Consider, this new 'ADH intelligence' might be so smart that every and anything plugged into a Devialet will be elevated to more or less the same sound quality.  So all of a sudden, £10k streamers will sound much the same as £1k devices, or even AIR, quite simply the dac is so good it sorts out all the front end issues and drives SQ to the max.  Or maybe this will flip the other way, and the sonic benefits from an Aurender W20, dSC or whatever rig will actually provide a bigger and more apparent sonic leap, making the front end even more critical than it was before.  Then we have AES/EBU vs USB, the impact of this is reasonably well established with the current models, but will this change with the new DAC/ADH?  Or maybe the new DAC stuff is just marketing speak, and things will remain much as they were.  I guess it will be fun finding out either way!

Hi Confused,

On which kind of machine did you listen to the different sources recently ? In case it is a D900, you probably already listened to the new DAC Smile
(25-Jun-2016, 09:25)SwissBear Wrote: Hi Confused,

On which kind of machine did you listen to the different sources recently ? In case it is a D900, you probably already listened to the new DAC Smile

Mainly on a D800.  Although I did hear the Aurender N10 via USB then AES/EBU, then a Melco N1Z & N1ZH in a quick fire demo using the O'dA, this was at Oxford Audio's streamer event.  Consensus in the room that day was the Aurender via AES/EBU was preferred over the Aurender via USB.  I didn't hear equivalent music via the Aurender vs the Melco.  So at least it looks like the AES/EBU vs USB hierarchy remains similar.  Do we know for sure the O'dA has the new DAC ADH intelligence etc?  Although, I know from the recent pictures, the ADH board ine O'dA does look like the one in the 'PRO'.