Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to put the devialet 400
Hello, I'm new to this forum
I have a devialet 200 and I'm in love with it.

I use an Accustic drive ii for transport and Magnepan 1.7 for speakers
I'm interested to buy a slave unit to make a D400.

However, I don't have enough room in my rack to have another layer for the slave unit

How do you put your slave unit?

On top of the master unit?
on another shelf?
or on the wall?

Thanks a lot!
(23-Sep-2014, 18:09)medjohn Wrote: Hello, I'm new to this forum
I have a devialet 200 and I'm in love with it.

I use an Accustic drive ii for transport and Magnepan 1.7 for speakers
I'm interested to buy a slave unit to make a D400.

However, I don't have enough room in my rack to have another layer for the slave unit

How do you put your slave unit?

On top of the master unit?
on another shelf?
or on the wall?

Thanks a lot!
Glad you like the 200 so much; adding a slave (Companion) definitely takes it to another level. The cable that comes with the slave is 0.8 metres long so that gives you an idea of how far away it can be.
It is possible to stack them (master on top) but that does make them run very hot although they are thermally protected. There is a possible sound quality issue with this - I would place them separately; side by side is fine.
I got my 400 yesteday. Placed them on the wall some 4 m. apart directly beheind the speakers. A 5m. long (Meridian) digital interconnect is used to connect Master and Slave.
My 400 Master is down from the wall. It turned out that the my log home (solid timber) absorbs almost all the energy in the radio communication to the unit from both the remote and WIFI. I lost contact with the network and the remote had to be within 1,5 m in order to work. I got the same effect with the master placed horizontally but placed all the way back to the wall. 10 cm. from the wall an everything works fine again.
So placing a Devialet on the wall will not work in a log house made of solid timber. Now you know in case you are considering mowing to Norway