Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloody night mode!!!!
Spent hours the other day trying to work out why my turntable suddenly started sounding sharper than a Stanley knife, and brighter than the very sun itself, after changing cartridges the other day!!

Finally gave up and went to stream from Tidal - also sounded tinnier than a tin of baked beans..... unbearable on anything rockie!

Gave up for a day - was it my ears? Did a secret update happen? No one else had added any issues so I assume it must have been me.

Came back to it - everything sounded great! Picked up phone and brushed over the night mode button...... ET VOILA!!!!!

Doe anyone else agree that the night mode button it is needlessly easy to press / access, and even more needlessly camouflaged so that only the keenest eyed experts in the similar shades of blue could notice if it was turned on????

I mentioned it to Devialet in the early days when it caught me out - but hadn't done it for ages. Must be loads of people who get a demo like this and walk away with bleeding ears wondering what all the fuss it about!!!

Would be so simple to change the background to a dark shade of night or something a tad more obvious!

At least I love the sound again now Smile
(10-Feb-2017, 15:34)Jamington2004 Wrote: I mentioned it to Devialet in the early days ....

It's weird they didn't take it onboard - Devialet are usually so responsive to customer feeeback.

Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<