Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Airplay for Phantom
Hi,

it is my understanding that Airplay is purely a software solution. So Deviant just tries to get even more of our money.
Not fair, not ok with me.

Cheers, Jens.
Hi,
Airplay needs a specific chipset. In any product.
In addition, the activation of airplay will require a new software.
Furthermore, Apple certifies all airplay products.

Gold phantoms have the airplay chipset from day 1.

Dialog have the airplay chipset only recently.

The dialog airplay software has been released on Nov 30.

The gold phantoms. Airplay software should be released shortly, January at the latest.

The silver will never be airplay by themselves. But a new airplay enabled dialog now give them this capability.

For now, the only thing that Devialet advertises is a Christmas specific bundle. They haven't advertised stand alone dialog as airplay compatible. Therefore it may be a bit early to buy one for this purpose.

Regards
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
If anyone's still unclear: I can confirm that the new Dialog plays AirPlay to my white Phantom. Mine also ends in x03 and part no. starts with vy510 - supposedly that number is telling. I followed the suggestion in this forum unplugging, then switching on router, dialog, button 3x, phantom button 3x and then configuring in spark. Before that procedure - nothing; afterwards Airplay room "livingroom" in my case shows wherever AirPlay can be used: in iOS Music, appleTV, mac.
I can also confirm that the problem with sound delay when watching videos disappeared. I watched a film on iOS Netflix, streamed the sound via AirPlay to phantom - seemed fine for my taste, no delay.
(17-Dec-2016, 16:50)Jamington2004 Wrote: Cool thanks - support are hinting that my dialogue is one of the first and should have been recalled, so might get a new one!

Main benefit for me would be using the tidal app instead of Spark Smile And maybe no optical crackles or cut outs although they are quite minimal at the mo, still annoying though

I got the same message yesterday. My Dialog is to be replaced. Actually I don't know why, I haven't had any problems with it, besides the "normal" software ones. Hopefully I'll receive one with Airplay compatibility, nice to have even if the Gold's will be Airplay activated sooner or later. 
@f1eng 
Did you have to return yours before receiving a new one? I'm reluctant to be without a stereo for a long time.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(19-Dec-2016, 02:49)Teliaved Wrote: > Airplay needs a specific  chipset. In any product.
I politely disagree. My about 8 years old run of the mill notebook is perfectly able to use 
airplay with windows (pre vista, forgot the name) and iTunes. 
I never saw any windows notebook not being able to airplay when iTunes was installed.
There is are a couple of apps with make it possible to airplay with android phones.
So how special can the chipset be? 
What airplay needs is royalties to apple, which in my opinion would be a much more compelling reason for Devialet not to upgrade our older Dialogs.
Again a reminder for me not buy any item from this company any more.
Even if there were a special chipset I would expect a cheaper upgrade option.

Cheers, Jens

P.S. I am still loving my Phantoms, but I really dislike how Devialet deals with Airplay
(20-Dec-2016, 17:59)streifl Wrote: If anyone's still unclear: I can confirm that the new Dialog plays AirPlay to my white Phantom. Mine also ends in x03 and part no. starts with vy510 - supposedly that number is telling. I followed the suggestion in this forum unplugging, then switching on router, dialog, button 3x, phantom button 3x and then configuring in spark. Before that procedure - nothing; afterwards Airplay room "livingroom" in my case shows wherever AirPlay can be used: in iOS Music, appleTV, mac.
I can also confirm that the problem with sound delay when watching videos disappeared. I watched a film on iOS Netflix, streamed the sound via AirPlay to phantom - seemed fine for my taste, no delay.

Streifl - this is interesting news regarding the sound delay being gone. Was your previous setup with the delay via optical ?
(21-Dec-2016, 19:55)schambrg Wrote:
(19-Dec-2016, 02:49)Teliaved Wrote: > Airplay needs a specific  chipset. In any product.
I politely disagree. My about 8 years old run of the mill notebook is perfectly able to use 
airplay with windows (pre vista, forgot the name) and iTunes. 
I never saw any windows notebook not being able to airplay when iTunes was installed.
There is are a couple of apps with make it possible to airplay with android phones.
So how special can the chipset be? 
What airplay needs is royalties to apple, which in my opinion would be a much more compelling reason for Devialet not to upgrade our older Dialogs.
Again a reminder for me not buy any item from this company any more.
Even if there were a special chipset I would expect a cheaper upgrade option.

Cheers, Jens

P.S. I am still loving my Phantoms, but I really dislike how Devialet deals with Airplay

To SEND Airplay (as in PC) you don't need an Airplay Chipset... However to RECEIVE Airplay signal you definitely need it
Thanks Olivier, you just provided in simple words the precision that was missing in my statement.

Jens
I should have been more specific. Of course you are right: the phone sending Airplay signal to the Phantom or the dialog does not require a chipset. But the receiving dialog or Phantom (gold) does.

And Apple is getting royalties on both ends...
Cheers
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(21-Dec-2016, 23:09)Teliaved Wrote: Thanks Olivier, you just provided in simple words the precision that was missing in my statement.

Jens
I should have been more specific. Of course you are right: the phone sending Airplay signal to the Phantom or the dialog does not require a chipset. But the receiving dialog or Phantom (gold) does.

And Apple is getting royalties on both ends...
Cheers

Hi Teliaved,

thanks for the clarification. This certainly makes sense. Still Devialet should provide some upgrade options. I hope they will come up with something.

Cheers, Jens.
Hi

Anyone using Airplay getting drop outs? My left and right phantom Golds (in stereo mode) suffer from dropouts from the left or right speaker for a shirt time when using airplay, and then stabalise, but after a while dropouts again.
Using spotify connect or playing content via Spark does not produce this problem

I am using the latest dialog and airport extreme as a wifi.