Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Airplay for Phantom
If I bought my Dialog month ago does the exchange program allow me to swap my Dialog to Airplay Dialog for free or does it cost something?
No info on what the date limit is as of today.
(06-Dec-2016, 17:55)Olivier4444 Wrote: Got the info from Devialet.

1) Airplay Dialogs are sold for White & Silver Phantoms which are not Airplay Ready.
2) They are working on a program that will allow those who bought their Dialog recently to exchange it for the new airplay version.
3) Gold phantoms will be Airplay capable very very shortly (with the next firmware). Apparently APPLE (not Devialet) decided to make the Dialog airplay-ready before the Golds.
4) Devialet says that if you own Golds it is best to use the Airplay from the Phantoms than from the Dialog... when it is capable of course Wink

Hope it helps.
Thank you for the information! Looking forward to the next firmware update.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Do you mean Golds will be airplay capable WITHOUT Dialog? Do we still need the Dialog? I presume yes for stereo...?

So those with Golds do not need updated Dialog for Airplay but Silver and Whites do?

Thanks.
Silver and whites need updated Dialog. I think you will still need Dialog for splitting the stereo signal with Golds but I am not sure about that.
(06-Dec-2016, 18:42)MountainGuy Wrote: Do you mean Golds will be airplay capable WITHOUT Dialog?  Do we still need the Dialog? I presume yes for stereo...?

So those with Golds do not need updated Dialog for Airplay but Silver and Whites do?  

Thanks.

My information comes from a big dealer in France, very close to Devialet.

Now as for your question, I called Devialet directly and I have to admit that the person I had over the phone didn't sound 100% sure.  
To him Airplay on Golds will work just as any other input source (ETH, Optical, Bluetooth).
I imagine the Dialog then takes over to split the signal into stereo. That would mean a firmware update for non-Airplay Dialogs will let you select the Airplay Source.
To my understanding, White & Silver need the new Airplay-ready Dialog if they want to use AIRPLAY. Golds indeed would not need it.

I 'll try to get more information.
Just received a mail from support.

The dialog I bought back in December 2015 isn't upgradable, which means there's no plan from Devialet to offer a reduced price for the new Dialog. Therefore if I want to benefit from airplay, I have to invest 299 euros again Sad and God knows what I'll be doing with my Dialog v1.

I understand that hardware improves over time but this is not what I expected from Devialet who keeps claiming that their system is upgradable...
(07-Dec-2016, 21:30)pmichellon Wrote: Just received a mail from support.

The dialog I bought back in December 2015 isn't upgradable, which means there's no plan from Devialet to offer a reduced price for the new Dialog. Therefore if I want to benefit from airplay, I have to invest 299 euros again Sad and God knows what I'll be doing with my Dialog v1.

I understand that hardware improves over time but this is not what I expected from Devialet who keeps claiming that their system is upgradable...

I'm in the same boat. While it may not sound the same, the best bet is to buy a refurbished Airport Express from Apple and run it through optical.
These things are getting old too soon. My Dialog that I bought month ago is too old. I should pay 299 euros again to get airplay in it. I am thinking of selling my gold phantoms and going back to traditional system which was less stressful to own. I am also speechless that they bring airplay capable Dialog on the market first and didn't add the promised Airplay for my Golds first which was the only Phantom that was promised Airplay at the first place. Don't get me wrong. I am happy for you guys who own whites and silvers but probably you understand where I'm coming from. I have asked if I get a new Dialog from Devialet because I just bought mine but they don't answer to me. I am feeling so unsure if there will be support for me when I have some "real" issues like hardware failure etc.
(08-Dec-2016, 05:21)Olli I Wrote: These things are getting old too soon. My Dialog that I bought month ago is too old. I should pay 299 euros again to get airplay in it. I am thinking of selling my gold phantoms and going back to traditional system which was less stressful to own. I am also speechless that they bring airplay capable Dialog on the market first and didn't add the promised Airplay for my Golds first which was the only Phantom that was promised Airplay at the first place. Don't get me wrong. I am happy for you guys who own whites and silvers but probably you understand where I'm coming from. I have asked if I get a new Dialog from Devialet because I just bought mine but they don't answer to me. I am feeling so unsure if there will be support for me when I have some "real" issues like hardware failure etc.

Olli, you already have the Gold.  You don't need a new for Airplay which is built into the Gold already.  The new Dialog is only for the Silver and White to get Airplay.