Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: D400 vs D800
Hi to everybody

I'm almost going to buy a Devialet...I'm very excited for all the reviews this brand got and...especially for all of you celebrating the audiophile performances on this beat forum.

Actually I own a quite sophisticated equipment: Lumin S1, Totaldac d1-server/d1- six dac, Grandinote Domino class A pre ampli, Grandinote Demone class A 60W mono power amplis, Bastanis Matterhorn high efficacy speakers (100dB).

I love my system but I'm looking for simplicity and great perfomances...therefore Devialet solution fascinates me.

I have few questions for you experts, I hope you can help me with:

- does anyone have experience with Devialet and high efficiency speakers?
- does anyone have experience with Tidal streaming through Lumin and Devialet?
- would you recommend D400 or D800 considering the differences between the two products (I understood only difference is in the power output, while all the rest of specifications are the same...possibly I'm wrong...help me)?

Thanks a lot in advance
Regards
Fabio
(04-Jul-2016, 19:43)fabiodeluca Wrote: Hi to everybody

I'm almost going to buy a Devialet...I'm very excited for all the reviews this brand got and...especially for all of you celebrating the audiophile performances on this beat forum.

Actually I own a quite sophisticated equipment: Lumin S1, Totaldac d1-server/d1- six dac, Grandinote Domino class A pre ampli, Grandinote Demone class A 60W mono power amplis, Bastanis Matterhorn high efficacy speakers (100dB).

I love my system but I'm looking for simplicity and great perfomances...therefore Devialet solution fascinates me.

I have few questions for you experts, I hope you can help me with:

- does anyone have experience with Devialet and high efficiency speakers?
- does anyone have experience with Tidal streaming through Lumin and Devialet?
- would you recommend D400 or D800 considering the differences between the two products (I understood only difference is in the power output, while all the rest of specifications are the same...possibly I'm wrong...help me)?

Thanks a lot in advance
Regards
Fabio

Hi fabio,

Welcome to the forum. There are a few here who own high efficiency speakers so I won't get into that. I just want to let you know there's an upgrade coming through the whole Devialet range. So there are probably bargain 400 and 800's coming up or you could go for the 1000, which is the first to be announced. 

Have a look in the news section on the forum. Plenty to read Smile

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.