Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(24-Jun-2017, 08:57)GuillaumeB Wrote: I've been so impressed by the new Shunyata analogue and digital cables that I've asked Caelin to look into developing a S/PDIF/AES hybrid cable for the Devialet dual monos making use of some of their latest technologies: for e.g. sonic welding, dielectric distortion cancellation circuits (Zitron), OFE 101 copper hollow VTX conductors, pure copper RCA and AES connectors, TAP and KPIP treatment...

Hopefully I will get some prototypes soon to play around with. Stay Tuned!!!  Big Grin

Guillaume

Now this IS interesting! Will follow this closely.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(24-Jun-2017, 08:57)GuillaumeB Wrote: I've been so impressed by the new Shunyata analogue and digital cables that I've asked Caelin to look into developing a S/PDIF/AES hybrid cable for the Devialet dual monos making use of some of their latest technologies: for e.g. sonic welding, dielectric distortion cancellation circuits (Zitron), OFE 101 copper hollow VTX conductors, pure copper RCA and AES connectors, TAP and KPIP treatment...

Hopefully I will get some prototypes soon to play around with. Stay Tuned!!!  Big Grin

Guillaume

Interesting!  What is the plan regarding the 75 ohm versus 110 ohm issue?  I recall talking to Mathieu Pernod about the master companion link. Apparently the SPDIF to AES link can be utilised with either a 75 or 110 ohm cable, or something in between. At first, I was told 'it makes no difference' which you use, apparently because the Devialets AES/EBU socket has an input transformer that makes the input effectively blind to cable impedance, however, later in the conversation Mathieu advised that a cable with a transformer is theoretically the ideal.  Some Audioprana cables use a transformer, and perform excellently.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(25-Jun-2017, 10:35)Confused Wrote:

Guillaume

Interesting!  What is the plan regarding the 75 ohm versus 110 ohm issue?  I recall talking to Mathieu Pernod about the master companion link. Apparently the SPDIF to AES link can be utilised with either a 75 or 110 ohm cable, or something in between. At first, I was told 'it makes no difference' which you use, apparently because the Devialets AES/EBU socket has an input transformer that makes the input effectively blind to cable impedance, however, later in the conversation Mathieu advised that a cable with a transformer is theoretically the ideal.  Some Audioprana cables use a transformer, and perform excellently.

This discusion was all over the forum but not so much right now. I bought a Cabledyne rca to xlr cable that is made of 75ohm coaxialcable as Cabledyne thought that was the best solution as the output was 75ohm and it made the best connection in the RCA plugg with coaxcable.

A spdif cable with RCA to BNC and a Neutrik BNC to XLR with 75/110ohm transformer is a solution if you want to see if it is better with a transformer.

Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(This is perfect info as I was just looking into this fir other reasons. Not wishing to derail Guillaumes Shunyata area - could you link to where this is posted - I'm particlarly interested where you get them from?)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(25-Jun-2017, 10:35)Confused Wrote:

Guillaume

Brief conversation with Caelin last night. He's been thinking about this and says he has come up with some interesting ideas, largely around resolving the impedance issue and getting closer to Mathieu's theoretical ideal.   Cool

Anyway let's see what he comes up with. Can't say much more than that at this stage.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(27-Jun-2017, 10:32)GuillaumeB Wrote: ...getting closer to Mathieu's theoretical ideal.  

What was his ideal?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(27-Jun-2017, 12:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-Jun-2017, 10:32)GuillaumeB Wrote: ...getting closer to Mathieu's theoretical ideal.  

What was his ideal?

"later in the conversation Mathieu advised that a cable with a transformer is theoretically the ideal"
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Oh I see. I thought he'd given away some additional technical specifics. It's that simple - good to know.

A bit of an update on the Shunyata front...  Angel

The Delta EFs and NRs finally landed a couple of weeks' ago and have started to be demo'd at KJ West One and at various customer premises.

The feedback I am getting from KJ West One is pretty amazing and already this week they have placed three additional orders for power cables and distributors. Virtually everyone trying the Delta EF is buying and many have been Devialet owners! 

I am so excited about this. After such a long wait and literally putting my life on hold for several months things are finally starting to look up!  :Cool There is still a huge amount of work to do, in particular with the dealers, but it does feel as though there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh... there is a Denali 6000/T (tower version) on display at KJ West One in case anyone fancies going and having a listen. They have the full range of Devialet amps there too...  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
If there's ever an every-level power conditioner with uk plug sockets id go for a listen. that is, more entry level than the current entry level. Smile