Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
Here's a video I just shot demonstrating the noise reduction capabilities of the Delta NR power cable:

Amazingly when the Delta NR is plugged into a spare socket (and with no device connected to it) the noise measured on the other socket falls dramatically!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(02-Nov-2017, 13:52)GuillaumeB Wrote: Here's a video I just shot demonstrating the noise reduction capabilities of the Delta NR power cable:

Amazingly when the Delta NR is plugged into a spare socket (and with no device connected to it) the noise measured on the other socket falls dramatically!

Guillaume

That is impressive. I’ve seen Caelin do a similar demonstration on the Shunyata website.
If you try the same experiment with the standard Delta EF, is there any drop in noise?
I know you don’t like talking money on the DC site, so could you possibly PM me with price differences between EF and NR?
I’d like to audition the Shunyata cables, and Trevor from Guildford Audio wants me to try some Crystal cables.

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(02-Nov-2017, 16:11)Axel Wrote:
(02-Nov-2017, 13:52)GuillaumeB Wrote: Here's a video I just shot demonstrating the noise reduction capabilities of the Delta NR power cable:

Guillaume

That is impressive. I’ve seen Caelin do a similar demonstration on the Shunyata website.
If you try the same experiment with the standard Delta EF, is there any drop in noise?
I know you don’t like talking money on the DC site, so could you possibly PM me with price differences between EF and NR?

Alex.

Hi Alex,

There is no drop in noise with the EF cables, it's basically the Noise Reduction (NR) module in the IEC which is doing this. It's amazing how the NR cables are pretty much power conditioners in themselves!

I'll PM you.

Cheers

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(02-Nov-2017, 16:16)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(02-Nov-2017, 16:11)Axel Wrote:

Guillaume

Alex.

Hi Alex,

There is no drop in noise with the EF cables, it's basically the Noise Reduction (NR) module in the IEC which is doing this. It's amazing how the NR cables are pretty much power conditioners in themselves!

I'll PM you.

Cheers

Guillaume

Do Shunyata sell the power connector/noise filter on its own?  If so, I could plug it into a spare socket and still get the noise cancelling effect. 
As you are a certified distributor and have the ear of Caelin, could you suggest this to him and convey his reaction to this proposal, please?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(03-Nov-2017, 03:54)Axel Wrote:
(02-Nov-2017, 16:16)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(02-Nov-2017, 16:11)Axel Wrote: That is impressive. I’ve seen Caelin do a similar demonstration on the Shunyata website.

Alex.

Hi Alex,

I'll PM you.

Cheers

Guillaume

Do Shunyata sell the power connector/noise filter on its own?  If so, I could plug it into a spare socket and still get the noise cancelling effect. 
As you are a certified distributor and have the ear of Caelin, could you suggest this to him and convey his reaction to this proposal, please?

Actually this already exists, just not in UK spec. It's called the Venom Defender:

http://shunyata.com/products/power-distr...-defender/

I use a couple of NEMA 240V versions with my US sockets. I'll ask Caelin about a UK version, and far as I know there aren't any plans to offer one.

Guillaume

UK
Hi Guillaume:
Since you have the Entech device, can you do one more test for us? Can you plug-in the device in Denali while Devialet is hooked up to Denali with Delta EF in the same zone? With CCI filters in Denali, we would expect significant noise reduction even if EF chord is used with Denali.
Cheers..
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(03-Nov-2017, 14:11)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(03-Nov-2017, 03:54)Axel Wrote:
(02-Nov-2017, 16:16)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi Alex,

I'll PM you.

Cheers

Guillaume

Actually this already exists, just not in UK spec. It's called the Venom Defender:

I use a couple of NEMA 240V versions with my US sockets. I'll ask Caelin about a UK version, and far as I know there aren't any plans to offer one.

Guillaume

I wonder why they don’t do a U.K. version? IMHO, they are missing a trick here as there would surely be a market for it. If Caelin (or you) could do a demonstration with the Venom Defender, in a similar vein to the demo he does with power cables, and the price was around the £200 mark, I think he’d be on to a winner.
South Coast England
(03-Nov-2017, 19:12)Axel Wrote:
(03-Nov-2017, 14:11)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(03-Nov-2017, 03:54)Axel Wrote: Do Shunyata sell the power connector/noise filter on its own?  If so, I could plug it into a spare socket and still get the noise cancelling effect. 

Guillaume

I wonder why they don’t do a U.K. version? IMHO, they are missing a trick here as there would surely be a market for it. If Caelin (or you) could do a demonstration with the Venom Defender, in a similar vein to the demo he does with power cables, and the price was around the £200 mark, I think he’d be on to a winner.

Hi Axel we are only really starting out in the UK market and there are still many products that haven't been ported to UK specs yet. So far we have all of the power cords and the UK6 power distributor (and obviously all the signal cables). The next stage is to bring the Denali to the UK and this is currently undergoing testing for certs... it's crazy how much time this takes. This unit has been ready to go for several months now.

I agree it would be great to have a UK Defender, however I understand there are a number of issues surrounding the design of such a unit due to the nature of the UK plug, then we have the small matter of certs.

As the UK market develops I am sure we will be able to look at more products. I'm all for this as you can probably imagine! 

With that said I don't know of any other cable manufacturer that has put quite as much effort into developing a UK plug, I understand this took over 2.5 years to develop. Most other companies are using Furutech connectors to terminate their "high end" UK power cables.

Guillaume

UK
(03-Nov-2017, 17:54)sam1000 Wrote: Hi Guillaume:
Since you have the Entech device, can you do one more test for us? Can you plug-in the device in Denali while Devialet is hooked up to Denali with Delta EF in the same zone? With CCI filters in Denali, we would expect significant noise reduction even if EF chord is used with Denali.
Cheers..

Hi Sam, the Entech doesn't give you an absolute value in terms of measuring noise (for this you need a spectrum analyser). It is more useful for relative measurements, for e.g. comparing two sockets or seeing what happens if i add a cable/device to a spare outlet. At the end of the day it is a gizmo, albeit quite a useful one. 

I don't have a Denali here as it is out on loan however when I get it back I'd be happy to run some experiments. 

Cheers

Guillaume

UK
[/quote]
Shunyata are working on an RCA to AES/EBU digital cable especially for use with Devialet. You can audition both and use the one that you prefer.
[/quote]

Any news on Shunyata's RCA to AES cable for Devialet?