Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
Hi guys,

I might have the opportunity to test some Shunyata products soon. This brand has always intrigued me and they seem to have a fantastic reputation. They appear to be reasonably priced and have some proper science credentials behind them. They aren't afraid of explaining their technology and publishing measurements which is unusual for a cable and mains products company. In addition I understand they supply the US medical industry with mains filters.

Obviously the Z-PC10 was allegedly designed with the Devialet in mind (their CEO owns a Devialet) and will therefore be a good starting point but I'm keen to explore the whole range!  Tongue 

I noted that at Munich in 2015 Devialet used some Shunyata products at their 4 x 400 + B&W Nautilus demo.

Anyway just thought I'd give you all a heads up, for those that are interested of course.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Really interesting. Looking forward to your findings Guillaume.
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

(06-Jul-2016, 14:03)Mollengijs Wrote: Really interesting. Looking forward to your findings Guillaume.

Hopefully going to receive a selection in a few weeks time. I take it you are very happy with yours?

I am quite keen to try out the Z-PC10.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Yes i'm very pleased with the Shunyata's. I decided on 2x Viper Ztron's. They don't fit with the back cover on but for me that isn't a problem because the Deviates are on a shelf in my audioracks.

I did do a little comparison between Viper, Alpha Digital, Z-PC10 Analogue and Black Mamba HC on my (then) D200. Turned out it's very system dependent. On a friends system the Black Mamba HC was best (very close call with Viper). In my system the differences between the ZPC10, Alpha and Viper were very small. The Digital cable (Alpha) gave a little brighter presentation, the ZPC10 a slightly darker (and maybe a bit slower presentation) and the Viper to me was the best option. Not as bright as the Alpha but not slower like the ZPC10. It's very much possible that the ZPC10 digital is the best one of them all but i didn't have that cable available.

The only other option i didn't try was the Alpha HC. Would have liked to try it but it was too expensive for me at this point to buy 2 of those (€ 2000 each). I already had 1 Viper so buying another Viper was a much more cost effective option.

And of course there is always the Sigma Smile
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

I enjoy my Z-PC10 Digital and was surprised by the improvement they made over stock power cords.

As I understand it the Shunyata filters are meant to filter the different noise problems from different power supply technologies: digital for switched power supplies like the Devialet, analog for linear power supplies, but I don't understand the filter for high-current cords. Shunyata has a nice chart of specs. for the cords and another recommending which cord to use in which application.

The Z-PC10 has a CopperConn (copper terminal) connector on the wall side and a low-profile (but lower quality) connector on the amp side. While still 10-guage like an Alpha it is very flexible and easy to work with (not too heavy). The low-profile connector isn't a tight fit in the Devialet (nor is the stock power cable) but the Z-PC10 doesn't drag itself down in the Devialet too much.

Thanks, Mollengijs, for your comparisons between Shunyata cords. Guillaume, I look forward to your findings with Shunyata. Personally I someday want to compare Synergistic Research cords. I'm interested in AudioQuest connectors (their silver-plated copper seems better than any other option) but their cords are thin gauge compared to Shunyata. I also want to hear their new Denali series of power distributors.

Shunyata have been very helpful to talk with, so where their website is lacking just give them a call or email.
one Cobra for 1000 euros
http://elecson.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Shunyata
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
Hi all,

I have been using Shunyata power cables for my D250 for more than a year now with great satisfaction.

I initially bought the Alpha High Current version after consulting Richard at Shunyata. After approximately 150 hours of playing, the cable had finally settled, ( the time before it settled was a true roller coaster ride - the cable changed in character from day to day), the result was a quieter background with greater dynamics and a more defined and open soundstage compared to the Transparent Audio Power Link MM2x I previously used ( interesting concidering a huge price difference in advantage for the Alpha).

After trying the now discontinued top-of-the-line Anaconda power cable, I got curious about what its successor, the Sigma could bring to the table.

After some contact with Shunyata I was recommended to try the Sigma Digital as the best fit for the D250. After an even longer burn in time ( took about 400 hours of continous playing), the Sigma Digital improved the total performance even more compared to the Alpha HC . Greater soundstage, greater dynamics, even more detailed soundstage, more low level information - over all an even better performer in every aspect.

Looking forward to share your experiences with Shunyata, Guillaume!

Best regards

Björn

PS. If you have the chance, please try the Dark field cable suspension system ( DFSS). They make a huge difference... DS.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
I've been using Shunyata conditioners and PCs for the past couple of years, and as they pre-date my D800, I've never used the D800 without the Shunyatas in the system. 
Having decided that my days of lifting heavy hi-fi boxes was coming to an end the D800 was the first step in lightening the load. I'd heard Devialet when I auditioned the Vivid Audio Giyas, and had wanted to hear it in my system ever since.
I'll be interested in the Shunyata Eiger (the EU version of the Denali) when, or if, it becomes available. Replacing the three Hydras with one, much lighter, box is an attractive proposition. Although with no-longer any UK representation, as far as I'm aware, this may be difficult.
Colin

Vivid Audio Giya G2s, Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Sonic Transporter i7, Sean Jacobs DC3 LPS, Marantz UD 7007.
Shunyata Denali, Alpha PC, Sigma PCs (x3) & Sigma Speaker Cables.
Quadraspire X Reference rack.

North East England
(16-Jul-2016, 11:37)Tremayne Wrote:  Although with no-longer any UK representation, as far as I'm aware, this may be difficult.

I understand from email exchanges with Grant at Shunyata that they are addressing this and hope to appoint soon.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(16-Jul-2016, 20:59)IanG-UK Wrote:
(16-Jul-2016, 11:37)Tremayne Wrote:  Although with no-longer any UK representation, as far as I'm aware, this may be difficult.

I understand from email exchanges with Grant at Shunyata that they are addressing this and hope to appoint soon.

Thanks Ian, that's good to know.
I received an email from Grant several months ago to say that he was hoping to appoint a UK representative soon, but he's been silent on that subject lately.
Colin

Vivid Audio Giya G2s, Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Sonic Transporter i7, Sean Jacobs DC3 LPS, Marantz UD 7007.
Shunyata Denali, Alpha PC, Sigma PCs (x3) & Sigma Speaker Cables.
Quadraspire X Reference rack.

North East England