Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
Or .... maybe not. Shunyata doesn't seem on the list of the 2017 Munich event (yet).
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(26-Mar-2017, 20:08)kerkhoffd Wrote: Or .... maybe not. Shunyata doesn't seem on the list of the 2017 Munich event (yet).

They're definitely going. 

By the way the NR cables launch next week. Some of the signal cables will be a week after.

I've actually got a couple of pics of the new Alpha NR, it looks more like a Sigma with a slimmer tube. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Nice! Looking forward to the launch of these products.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
This is one of those " you saw them here first" moments!

The new Alpha NR:

This should be announced in the next few days...

Pretty amazing fact: all the new NR cables feature 20dB of noise reduction at 1MHz, including the new Delta cable! This compares with 6-12dB (already quite an achievement) previously with the Analog, Digital and HC variants. 

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Very cool. Thanks!

The Netherlands
Just found out the prices of the Shunyata Denali products in continental Europe. Had a bit of a fright. Shunyata are asking €5.000 ($5.500) for the Denali 2000/T where that same model costs €3.295 in the US ($3.495). Hope this pricing strategy will not kill their chances here, as they are amazing products. A bit too expensive for me though right now. Had hoped to stretch out maybe to get one, but will focus on a new source first.

The Netherlands
(13-Apr-2017, 10:28)kerkhoffd Wrote: Just found out the prices of the Shunyata Denali products in continental Europe. Had a bit of a fright. Shunyata are asking €5.000 ($5.500) for the Denali 2000/T where that same model costs €3.295 in the US ($3.495). Hope this pricing strategy will not kill their chances here, as they are amazing products. A bit too expensive for me though right now. Had hoped to stretch out maybe to get one, but will focus on a new source first.

Don't forget pricing in US is net of VAT (and obviously international shipping which distributor has to absorb) and also some of the internals of the EU version are different hence a difference base price quoted to us by Shunyata.

Guillaume

UK
(13-Apr-2017, 10:41)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(13-Apr-2017, 10:28)kerkhoffd Wrote: Just found out the prices of the Shunyata Denali products in continental Europe. Had a bit of a fright. Shunyata are asking €5.000 ($5.500) for the Denali 2000/T where that same model costs €3.295 in the US ($3.495). Hope this pricing strategy will not kill their chances here, as they are amazing products. A bit too expensive for me though right now. Had hoped to stretch out maybe to get one, but will focus on a new source first.

Don't forget pricing in US is net of VAT (and obviously international shipping which distributor has to absorb) and also some of the internals of the EU version are different hence a difference base price quoted to us by Shunyata.

Guillaume

Yeah, I understand. Just had my hopes up too high maybe. Had not expected those things add up to more than a 50% bonus on top of the US prices. No harm though. Just will have to be patient and try not to listen to one in my set before I can actually pay for one ;-)

The Netherlands
Been experimenting over past few days with Shunyata's DPC-6 v3.

This is a mains conditioner/filter specifically designed for computers, NAS drives, switches, display screens etc. It essentially firewalls the noise generated by computer circuitry and associated power supplies, often poor quality SMPS wall warts. It uses very different technologies to those used by the Denali and Triton units (those interested can look it up on Google, fascinating stuff). Shunyata do not recommend plugging regular amps, DACs etc into it.   

I was a bit reluctant to try this thinking that the Denali more than accomplished the task of protecting my hi-fi equipment.

So imagine my surprise when I connected both my Sky box and new AQVOX switch. Actually I started with the Sky box a few days ago as I only had one NEMA IEC C7 power cable. I thought I could hear a bit of an improvement but to be honest it wasn't dramatic, certainly nothing to report here. Adding the AQVOX yesterday (I had been waiting for a Schuko to US adapter ordered from the US) was a different story! Previously the AQVOX was sitting on a dedicated circuit so it was reasonably isolated (I thought). Hmm.

Spent the whole evening grinning from ear to ear and still am.  Big Grin Big Grin  Essentially I was (and still am) streaming from Qobuz using the Totaldac d1 server. 

This digital journey never ceases to surprise and astonish me. More recently I had the big surprise with the AQVOX. Now I discover that connecting it to the DPC-6 unleashes a whole new level of enjoyment. I'm not sure I could now differentiate Qobuz streaming from locally stored files using ROON. 

When my new IEC 7 cables arrive I will add my Control 4 processor, Apple TV. I also plan to experiment with the Totaldac d1 server's two power supplies. So there could be more to come.  Cool

Ended up having a Skype conversation with Caelin who reminded me he had told me about the DPC-6 on several occasions, urging me to get one and insisting that it was essential to the enjoyment of computer audio (well he would, he invented the thing!). Six months later, me - the UK distributor - finally takes the plunge. Hmmm.  Blush 

Guillaume

UK
Here's a video that explains the DPC-6 including the special coil technology used (SDC):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbfZeTiTgVU

This video demonstrates the noise reduction capabilities of the DPC-6:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHXP19fXN60 

Guillaume

UK