Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(17-Jun-2017, 08:29)kerkhoffd Wrote: Did you get your hands on, and had any chance yet to compare the Sigma AES cable to the new Alpha AES Guillaume? I am considering a new source which has AES out. Using AudioQuest Diamond interconnect right now, but the Alpha might be in reach if it is clearly better than the Diamond. Sigma looks stunning too btw.

The Dutch importer seems to be well behind in communicating. Except for the Denali, there is no mentioning of any other new Shunyata product. No new powercords or new interconnects mentioned yet. Is there any guideline on what prizes to expect in Europe for the Digital interconnects? If so, I for one would appreciate the information (PM if not ready for the open ofcourse).

Not yet... I expect I will receive the Delta and Alpha AES cables in due course.

It might even be worth trying the Delta to be perfectly honest. Caelin tells me it is excellent and at half the price of the Alpha it might be a steal.

Regarding pricing in Europe can't really help you there as I only deal with the UK. I imagine it won't be too much longer before they announce their pricing. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Took a couple of pics earlier to show the difference between the EF and NR IEC connectors.

The EF connector is flat and fits under the lid of the Devialet. It has pure copper contacts and can take up to 8 gauge (AWG) conductors without shaving/downsizing the wire. Incredible strain relief too, the build quality is something else. It was developed by Shunyata themselves since they weren't happy with the available range of available flat IEC connectors on the market.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Nice pics guillaume,what about prices??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice!   Do they sell that EF connector separately or is it only available on their power cords?

I've been very pleased with the Furutech FI-C15 low profile connector - well built and designed - but I don't believe it can accommodate 8 awg wire.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(23-Jun-2017, 14:54)samsoum Wrote: Nice pics guillaume,what about prices??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Samsoum I'd rather not discuss pricing on here if you don't mind. All UK prices are published on the internet.  Smile

Guillaume

UK
(23-Jun-2017, 16:33)I mdconnelly Wrote: Nice!   Do they sell that EF connector separately or is it only available on their power cords?

I've been very pleased with the Furutech FI-C15 low profile connector - well built and designed - but I don't believe it can accommodate 8 awg wire.

Thanks! The EF connector isn't available separately at present. Shunyata invests a lot of time and money into developing custom parts for their products, for e.g. the UK connector which took nearly 2.5 years to develop, and I see that as one of their competitive advantages and what makes their products so unique. Furthermore all wire used is their own, built to their own unique specifications. 

Guillaume

UK
Thank you very much for the pictures Guillaume.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
I've been so impressed by the new Shunyata analogue and digital cables that I've asked Caelin to look into developing a S/PDIF/AES hybrid cable for the Devialet dual monos making use of some of their latest technologies: for e.g. sonic welding, dielectric distortion cancellation circuits (Zitron), OFE 101 copper hollow VTX conductors, pure copper RCA and AES connectors, TAP and KPIP treatment...

Hopefully I will get some prototypes soon to play around with. Stay Tuned!!!  Big Grin

Guillaume

UK
Just noticed the new website Guillaume, looks great and is really logically thought out! I think for the first time since you mentioned the Shunyata range I can work out what products are available and their hierarchy.

The delta series look interesting, are you making any progress with a dealer in the North at all?

Regards

Chris
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(24-Jun-2017, 09:13)Chris Marshall Wrote: Just noticed the new website Guillaume, looks great and is really logically thought out!  I think for the first time since you mentioned the Shunyata range I can work out what products are available and their hierarchy.

The delta series look interesting, are you making any progress with a dealer in the North at all?

Regards

Chris

Thanks Chris! Can't really take much credit for the website, have an excellent developer who is so good that Shunyata in the US have now hired him to build theirs!  Smile

Regarding dealers in the North we are talking to a few and making slow progress. Shunyata as a brand is still relatively unknown in the UK and having had a chequered past in terms of UK distribution many dealers are understandably cautious. The products are also highly disruptive at their respective price points, for e.g. the new Delta range, and this is bound to ruffle a few feathers here and there. It's been an interesting journey to say the least.  Wink

Guillaume

UK