Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet LE 200
Hi,

I got the Devialet LE 200 today and it came with remote which has batteries in it, the gloves is torn.  
Does that mean it is used or does the quality of the gloves is bad? 
It had Duracell batteries pre-installed. 
I got it shipped from a dealer in USA.  Does that mean it is a demo unit or used?
Moreover the included SD card had a config file which has a file dated June 25, 2015 at 11:30 AM. what it means ?
Look for any sign it is a demo or not - any sign the transparent plastic sheet covering the Devialet was once removed and put back in place before, like fingerprints on the body? ; any sign of anyone once plugged in and out cables from the RCA jacks at the back? Undesired marks on the body?

You may watch the Devialet open-box youtube for reference.

But a pair of white gloves torn is irritating really.

I bought my le200 back in late 2014 and did not remember the SD thing. But if it is a brand new machine with packing untouched (never opened after it leaves the factory in Normandy), it is perfectly normal the SD card stores an config file of an earlier date. And remember to login the Devialet website and download the latest firmware 9.0.1.

Ask the US dealer to help to save your time and solve the problem asap.

Cheers!
(16-Jul-2016, 04:09)G51 Wrote: Look for any sign it is a demo or not - any sign the transparent plastic sheet covering the Devialet was once removed and put back in place before, like fingerprints on the body? ; any sign of anyone once plugged in and out cables from  the RCA jacks at the back? Undesired marks on the body?

You may watch the Devialet open-box youtube for reference.

But a pair of white gloves torn is irritating really.

I bought my le200 back in late 2014 and did not remember the SD thing. But if it is a brand new machine with packing untouched (never opened after it leaves the factory in Normandy), it is perfectly normal the SD card stores an config file of an earlier date. And remember to login the Devialet website and download the latest firmware 9.0.1.

Ask the US dealer to help to save your time and solve the problem asap.

Cheers!

I don't see any sign of demo the box was sealed, but the sponge was a bit torn inside maybe shipment, the plastic cover is intact and I removed it.  the remote had batteries pre-installed and it didn't gave me a demo look and feel.
Then so far so good.
This might make you feel a bit better; I used to work for a consumer electronics store and came to the conclusion over the years that buying a demo that had shown no problems in the shop for a while was usually a good thing. By accident I proved this to myself. When I left my parents home to live in my own place, I had planned to get a demo tv but out of laziness just grabbed one out of storage. That saved me packing and unpacking the two. That storage one turned out to be a dud. It broke down in the first week. I replaced it for the demo unit from the store and threw it out 23 years later. Not because it was broken but because we wanted a flat screen tv for a change.

So as long as it's not scratched I wouldn't worry about it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I bought my D200 about a month ago and I think the batteries were in the remote. In fact I do not even know where the batteries go yet.
Amps: Devialet 200, Linn Majik DSi, Pioneer SC-91, Chord Hugo
Speakers: Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, Tannoy XT6, Triangle Esprit Antal EZ
Headphones: AKG  K-501, Phillips SHP-9500, PSB-M4U, Sony SBH-80, Monster Wireless, Sony MDR-7506, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Streamers: Sonos, OS-X Yosemite, El Capitan, High Sierra, Windows-8, Windows-10, Raspberry-Pi
(16-Jul-2016, 17:29)Coffee_fan Wrote: I bought my D200 about a month ago and I think the batteries were in the remote. In fact I do not even know where the batteries go yet.

When I bought my first 200, the batteries were already in the remote.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Display units are used in shops while the plastic sheet is still on the unit. This causes faint glue marks to form permanently on the top case of the Devialet. Due to the fact that the unit gets hot and the glue permanently marks the finish. Take a very bright light and shine it on top of the D200 and look if you can see faint marks. Before you do this make sure to clean the top with some isopropyl and soft cloth. If you see faint marks/discolouration then sure enough chances are it's a display unit. Devialet should do more to seal the unit properly so that it's more tamper proof.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
One more remote that had batteries installed from factory, and an SD card that had a factory firmware config on it already, so I would not be concerned about those two items.

I think that you simply have a damaged pair of gloves; it is disappointing, and a decent dealer would recognize this as a normal production or packing fault and replace them. I've actually never used mine so they may be flawed as well. But it is nice to have everything pristine when new.

Welcome!
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada