Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 with Raidho C 2.1
A friend of mine recently bought these Raidhos used and drives them with the 200. Had a long listening session recently and was very disappointed about the result. Very little macro and micro dynamics, the music simplied lacked any emotions. They are rated at 89 db efficiency with a minimum impedance of 5,7 ohms which sounds amplifier friendly to me. Subjectively they were only around 80 db sucking the juice from the 200 that often we had the volume at 0 and it even did not feel very loud. Thought they need the 400or better the 800.

Wondering whether any members tried their devs with Raidho and had similar experiences?
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
I have C-1.1s and they're definitely 'on the edge' with regards to power with my D200. They're great with relatively quiet acoustic music which I tend to listen to most, but give them a bit of rock, or even more punishingly, classical, and I'm wanting more power. I'm really not surprised if C-2.1s aren't working that well with a single D200 unfortunately.
Having heard different Raidhos in several occasions, not with Devialet unfortunately (with Pass Labs, Audionet and Audio Research) all I can assure is that it consistently impressed me at how well you would connect with music; very involving indeed.

So also to me it sounds like the D200 is not enough power for the C 2.1.
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
I would suggest you disable the dynamic power management setting in the Configurator. This might help with the dynamics. I have a D200 driving a pair of ELAC BS314 wonderfully.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
(17-Jul-2016, 08:31)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I have C-1.1s and they're definitely 'on the edge' with regards to power with my D200. They're great with relatively quiet acoustic music which I tend to listen to most, but give them a bit of rock, or even more punishingly, classical, and I'm wanting more power.  I'm really not surprised if C-2.1s aren't working that well with a single D200 unfortunately.

Thanks for your comments! Surprisingly even at moderate volume the sound was average at best.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(17-Jul-2016, 14:39)helloworld1978 Wrote: I would suggest you disable the dynamic power management setting in the Configurator. This might help with the dynamics. I have a D200 driving a pair of ELAC BS314 wonderfully.

DPM has already been disabled
Speaker placement and floor surface is quite critical with the C-1.1 and presumably the 2.1 as they share the same kind of energy-dissipating feet. They like a hard surface (but wooden floorboards can be a bit problematic), and the recommended placing (particularly for the fantastic Raidho imaging) can be a bit odd, i.e. close to the side walls and well away from the rear wall. Again not sure if the 2.1 is the same. Unfortunately I've never been able to place mine correctly due to a small room which is not just a hi-fi room, but I'm still very pleased with the sound and I've rarely heard better.
(17-Jul-2016, 17:16)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Speaker placement and floor surface is quite critical with the C-1.1 and presumably the 2.1 as they share the same kind of energy-dissipating feet. They like a hard surface (but wooden floorboards can be a bit problematic), and the recommended placing (particularly for the fantastic Raidho imaging) can be a bit odd, i.e.  close to the side walls and well away from the rear wall. Again not sure if the 2.1 is the same. Unfortunately I've never been able to place mine correctly due to a small room which is not just a hi-fi room, but I'm still very pleased with the sound and I've rarely heard better.

I guess my friends room  is too big (30 m2) and also too lively for these speakers. A smaller well damped room would most likely suit them better