Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D800 upgrade, is it worth it? Alternatives?
Received an email today saying the Bel Canto ACI600 is ready for release late October and being demo'd at RMAF. I can get one of these for significantly less than a D440. On paper it does everything the Dev can, but more. Roon & MQA ready, 300w/8ohm Ncore, controllable phono, eq and bass management, filters etc. And what seems to be a fully functioning app... Can't believe Devialet still haven't sorted their own inadequate one. Also all in one box.

Can't wait to give the ACI600 a run and compare to Devialet.
(08-Oct-2016, 01:52)wikeeboy Wrote: Received an email today saying the Bel Canto ACI600 is ready for release late October and being demo'd at RMAF. I can get one of these for significantly less than a D440. On paper it does everything the Dev can, but more. Roon & MQA ready, 300w/8ohm Ncore, controllable phono, eq and bass management, filters etc. And what seems to be a fully functioning app... Can't believe Devialet still haven't sorted their own inadequate one. Also all in one box.

Can't wait to give the ACI600 a run and compare to Devialet.

Isn't MSRP on the ACI600 $25k (US)?    I thought the 440 Pro was like $20k, no?   Maybe you know someone who knows someone  Big Grin    

But damn, it does look impressive.   Can't wait to read the early reviews... It seems precisely targeted as Devialet competition, yet a bit better on most fronts (well, on paper anyway).
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
In my experience, the RRP is never the real price for high end brands. You can often push to 40% off. Conversely though, i've heard Devialet dealers are contracted not to sell for less than 10% off RRP.. at least for the first 6 months or so of the expert range release. Without going in to too much detail, i can comfortably get an ACI600 for well under the 440 price when factoring in real pricing.