Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet Setup with router and Windows 10
I have had no success attempting to set up my Devialet  800s using an ethernet connection through a router. My set up is as follows:

Roon (Windows 10) connected to router. Devialet  800s connected to same router. I have Air running. I have tried configuring the Devialets with a fixed IP address (10.0.1.200) and a network mask of 255.255.255.0 and I have tried using DHCP. Any help would be much appreciated. my computer has a network address of 10.0.1.40
Hello!

Can you say a bit more about exactly what is not working?

Do you know whether your computer can reach the 800 on your network - for example, in the network set-up you mentioned above with fixed IP addresses, you should be able to get a response when you ping the 800's IP address (that is: run the command "ping 10.0.1.200" from a command prompt).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Provided nothing else is configured with 10.0.1.200 then your settings look OK. Turning off the Devialet and pinging that IP address from the PC and making sure there are no replies should confirm that. In fact pinging with the the Devialet on just to make sure the PC can see it would be a good basic test too.
You definitely have AIR selected as the source input on the Devialet?
I'm not super familiar with Roon but I guess it still needs the AIR software running on the PC. The AIR icon in the Windows systray needs to be black to indicate it has a connection. Make sure there are no other computers on the network with AIR running as only one can make a connection at a time.
Yes, a bit more info would help trouble shooting this one.

Let's start with some basics, AIR software loaded on PC, Windows sound card GUI set to Devialet AIR, plus you should be able to see Deivialet AIR in the Roon audio path.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I pinged 10.0.1.200 with my amplifiers off and there was no response. I did the same thing with the amplifiers on and received a response from the Devialets.
I have Roon pointed to the Devialet Air. in the Sound dialogue box I have Devialet air enabled and as the default sound device.
When I attempt to play a song through Roon, it acts like it is playing the song, but there is no volume.
I double checked the volume and it is at full volume.
Is there anything else y'all would like me to look at?
Thanks!
Jimmy
Have you tried using something other than Roon to send output to AIR?

Silly question, but here goes: have you enabled AIR to connect to the Ethernet interface of your 800s? As Rufus said, the AIR icon should be black (active) rather than grey (inactive).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Picking up on thumb5's suggestion, it is quite easy to stream via Ethernet from a smartphone, assuming the 'phone has the Devialet app on it, is connected to the router via wifi and has some music files. This would check the Ethernet connection side of things, whist taking the PC out of the equation.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(18-Jul-2016, 22:08)Jimmy Giessler Wrote: I pinged 10.0.1.200 with my amplifiers off and there was no response. I did the same thing with the amplifiers on and received a response from the Devialets.
I have Roon pointed to the Devialet  Air. in the Sound dialogue box I have Devialet air enabled and as the default sound device.
When I attempt to play a song through Roon, it acts like it is playing the song, but there is no volume.
I double checked the volume and it is at full volume.
Is there anything else y'all would like me to look at?
Thanks!
Jimmy

Jimmy

Have a look at my post #15 in the Audirvana thread, is based on a Mac computer
but should be close on a Windows computer. It helped Audio_Engr to solve his problem.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3229&page=2

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

I have the same setup as you with a win10 machine served by a Synology NAS. Roon core is on the PC as is AIR. Does the Devialet show on the main Roon page as the audio device and have you set it to play using Wasapi? This may seem silly but you a re selecting the Ethernet input and not the WiFi?
If your problem is with AIR then it would not show as your player. Mine works fine but I can't alter any settings on the PC as the little black Devialet icon disappears if I click on it. Devialet are no help at all, all they will tell you is that at the moment they don't support Win 10.
I hope you get it to work, it's worth it!
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(19-Jul-2016, 00:08)misterpete Wrote: I have the same setup as you with a win10 machine served by a Synology NAS. Roon core is on the PC as is AIR. Does the Devialet show on the main Roon page as the audio device and have you set it to play using Wasapi? This may seem silly but you a re selecting the Ethernet input and not the WiFi?
If your problem is with AIR then it would not show as your player. Mine works fine but I can't alter any settings on the PC as the little black Devialet icon disappears if I click on it. Devialet are no help at all, all they will tell you is that at the moment they don't support Win 10.
I hope you get it to work, it's worth it!

yes I have set it up to play using wasapi.
I am selecting my Devialet  Air as my input in the roon
I'm not sure what you mean by selecting the ethernet input and not the WIFI. In my Devialet  configuration file I have configured Devialet  air to use a fixed IP address.
I have tried turning off DHCP.
Roon acts like it's playing a song – but there is no sound.

Have I understood you correctly – you are using Roon with Windows 10?
Are you using DHCP or fixed IP addresses?
is your amplifier connected directly to your PC or are you going through a router?

THANKS!
Jimmy