Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet Setup with router and Windows 10
(18-Jul-2016, 23:58)BrianT Wrote:
(18-Jul-2016, 22:08)Jimmy Giessler Wrote: I pinged 10.0.1.200 with my amplifiers off and there was no response. I did the same thing with the amplifiers on and received a response from the Devialets.
I have Roon pointed to the Devialet  Air. in the Sound dialogue box I have Devialet air enabled and as the default sound device.
When I attempt to play a song through Roon, it acts like it is playing the song, but there is no volume.
I double checked the volume and it is at full volume.
Is there anything else y'all would like me to look at?
Thanks!
Jimmy

Jimmy

Have a look at my post #15 in the Audirvana thread, is based on a Mac computer
but should be close on a Windows computer. It helped Audio_Engr to solve his problem.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3229&page=2

Brian
I checked out your post. It was very easy to follow, and yes it is a similar set up on my Windows 10 machine.
The only thing I had not done was to turn DHCP off. I turned DHCP off but nothing changed.
THANKS!
Jimmy
(20-Jul-2016, 01:46)Jimmy Giessler Wrote: I checked out your post. It was very easy to follow, and yes it is a similar set up on my Windows 10 machine.
The only thing I had not done was to turn DHCP off. I turned DHCP off but nothing changed.
THANKS!
Jimmy

Jimmy

Thats a bummer, I hope you can solve it, i'm no help as i'm not a windows guy.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(18-Jul-2016, 23:03)Confused Wrote: Picking up on thumb5's suggestion, it is quite easy to stream via Ethernet from a smartphone, assuming the 'phone has the Devialet app on it, is connected to the router via wifi and has some music files.  This would check the Ethernet connection side of things, whist taking the PC out of the equation.

Unfortunately, I am a quadriplegic and am unable to use a smart phone.
(18-Jul-2016, 22:50)thumb5 Wrote: Have you tried using something other than Roon to send output to AIR?

Silly question, but here goes: have you enabled AIR to connect to the Ethernet interface of your 800s?  As Rufus said, the AIR icon should be black (active) rather than grey (inactive).

I have tried using foobar 2000. It acts the same way. It appears to be playing, but there's no sound.

I configured Air with Devialet's configurator using a fixed IP address and my IP mask of 255.255.255.0.

I am confused about the AIR icon.I don't see an icon when I start AIR. The only place I see it is in the task manager as a background process.
Hi Jimmy, it seems you have the networking part figured out regardless of whether it is DHCP or static addresses and both Windows and the devialet are on the same router (switch) so they can easily find each other.

I do not know Roon, but possibly you have multiple audio targets in your Windows box, which sometimes causes that effect if the default output device is not the one you expect plus it may have no speaker, thus giving you no feedback. What I do to fix it is to use any music playing program, like youtube, and then you hover over the bottom right corner where the speaker icon is in the taskbar. There, you need to right click and select something like default playback device. A new dialog box pops up and you will likely see an output device that says "devialet" or similar. Right click on that one and select set as default. Restart the music you were playing and it is possible that things now work.

If things still do not work, then on the dialog box just described, double click on the device for the devialet and go to one of the advanced tabs where it allows you to set the sample frequency / bit depth to use to talk to the output device and a checkbox that says whether you allow programs to get exclusive use of the device. Play with the different bit depths / frequency, starting from normal combinations like 44.1/16bits making sure to relaunch the audio app you use for testing between each change until you find the right combination(s).
Amps: Devialet 200, Linn Majik DSi, Pioneer SC-91, Chord Hugo
Speakers: Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, Tannoy XT6, Triangle Esprit Antal EZ
Headphones: AKG  K-501, Phillips SHP-9500, PSB-M4U, Sony SBH-80, Monster Wireless, Sony MDR-7506, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Streamers: Sonos, OS-X Yosemite, El Capitan, High Sierra, Windows-8, Windows-10, Raspberry-Pi
Hmm, if AIR is running there definitely should be an icon in the system tray (bottom right of screen by default) shaped like the Devialet logo. Recent versions of Windows by default limit the number of icons on display (I hate this and always set it to display all of them) so might be worth investigating to see whether the icon is hidden. If you can see it in the task manager then clearly something is running but I'm just a little puzzled by no icon.
I've tried finding the icon, but have had no luck. By watching the task manager I can see that Devialet Air starts using CPU when I play through it.

I just realized something that should have been obvious. I am configuring Air on the SD card that resides on my amplifier. This includes the amplifiers IP address. How in the world can the Air application read its configuration? It doesn't know where to find the amplifier because the amplifier’s IP address is on the configuration file on the amplifier. Conceptually – what am I missing?
When the amplifier's running, it broadcasts a regular message on the local subnet which AIR uses to discover it. So AIR doesn't need to know the amplifier's IP address in advance.

Actually, that might be a useful diagnostic: if your router has an activity LED for the port the Devialet's conneected to, it should be showing what looks like continuous traffic once the amplifier's switched on (actually 5 packets per second, if I remember correctly). This should be the case whether or not AIR is running on the computer.

However, I expect the problem is more likely to be on the computer. I know this sounds like a stalling suggestion, but have you tried un-installing and re-installing AIR? If there is no sign of the icon in the system tray, it sounds like something is amiss.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Jimmy, I think Rufus is right, you should be seeing the Devialet icon in the system tray.  This may be at the root of the problem, rather than network issues.  A picture paints a thousand words as they say, so I have attached some screenshots.  These show the Devialet icon as it appears in the bottom right corner of the screen.

First in grey, then 'right click' to select 'My-Devialet Ethernet', then AIR is activated and the Devialet icon turns black.  I have also shown the screen you get when you 'right click the icon and select 'settings'. I'm sure we'll get you up and running sooner or later!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12