Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Weird issue with BlueTooth
This is my first post, so "Bonjour à tous !"

1) I bought a pair of silver + dialog 1 month ago, created a dedicated wifi network with its own routeur and installed every laptops of the whole family. Everything works fine with spark/wifi or with bluetooth and with any software. All computers are w7 from the tiny nc10 to the king size alienware.

2) I decided last week to buy an other laptop ESPECIALLY AND ONLY for my music and my pair of new "chéries".
MSI GP62 with primary nvme-M2 ssd + standard ssd as secondary and all bells and whistles.
Wifi/spark works fine.

The issue is that at the exact moment I click on the button "play" with any software (and I tried a bunch to check), the same if I just click on "test" in the sound parameters, the bluetooth is immediatly desactivated. Any sound coming from any source desactivates instantaneously the bluetooth.
- Bios and EC-firmware updated
- all drivers updated ; tried msi drivers and Intel drivers and also old versions.
- tried and changed all parameters I could find
- installed old BT V2
- tried with some drivers uninstalled
- Finaly tried with w10 (what an horror for an OS...)
Always the same. Lucky I am as I can restore any disk image in a few minutes when it becomes too messy.

Here am I with no solution, found nothing on the internet about such an issue. Is it software or hardware ?

Any idea is welcome.
(22-Jul-2016, 00:21)mac Wrote: This is my first post, so "Bonjour à tous !"

1) I bought a pair of silver + dialog 1 month ago, created a dedicated wifi network with its own routeur and installed every laptops of the whole family. Everything works fine with spark/wifi or with bluetooth and with any software. All computers are w7 from the tiny nc10 to the king size alienware.

2) I decided last week to buy an other laptop ESPECIALLY AND ONLY for my music and my pair of new "chéries".
MSI GP62 with primary nvme-M2 ssd + standard ssd as secondary and all bells and whistles.
Wifi/spark works fine.

The issue is that at the exact moment I click on the button "play" with any software (and I tried a bunch to check), the same if I just click on "test" in the sound parameters, the bluetooth is immediatly desactivated. Any sound coming from any source desactivates instantaneously the bluetooth.
- Bios and EC-firmware updated
- all drivers updated ; tried msi drivers and Intel drivers and also old versions.
- tried and changed all parameters I could find
- installed old BT V2
- tried with some drivers uninstalled
- Finaly tried with w10 (what an horror for an OS...)
Always the same. Lucky I am as I can restore any disk image in a few minutes when it becomes too messy.

Here am I with no solution, found nothing on the internet about such an issue. Is it software or hardware ?

Any idea is welcome.

Hi,

Welcome Shy

It sounds like you have tested all your laptops with respect to connecting them via bluetooth to your Phantoms. Some suggestions:

- important: have you performed a full system reset?  If not, please try that as there are sometimes odd issues where only a full system restart will correct.

- can you try a mobile device like a smartphone or tablet? Same issue?

- With Phantoms still connected to Dialog: can you try just one Phantom at a time? Maybe the issue is due to a bluetooth issue on one Phantom. I do not know how Dialog would interpret that if so. Maybe it is shutting down bluetooth. If the issue can be identified to a specific Phantom, then you can try disabling the bluetooth interface on that one and connect to the other. If this works, it can be a workaround until you get Devialet involved for warranty support.

- With Phantoms "not" connected to Dialog: try the same individual bluetooth test again. Does it work on both Phantoms? If so, it seems there is an issue with Dialog syncing both units (I am just guessing).

- if all else fails, you are best to send a Chat to Devialet support and inquire about this issue.

Good luck Shy
Hi,
thanks for suggestions.
- full system reset ; already done ; could perform it from any device including MSI ( the faulty one with bluetooth).
- connecting mobile devices : already done ; works fine.

- trying phantoms one by one with and without dialog ; not already done ; good idea to diagnose.
I did it a few minutes ago and it works fine with any device, including the MSI, wich keeps on failing only at the exact moment I click on "play" in any software.

I'll buy a bluetooth key to test it on the MSI and compare with other laptops. I'll also test the MSI with other bluetooth devices.
My opinion is now that the issue is in the new computer (MSI) and certainly not in the Devialet system. May be Devialet has been told of such issues with some computers ; I'll email them.

Thanks.
This sounds like an OS or software issue (drivers, other software affecting BT function, etc) independent of the Phantom. 

Try connecting the Phantom to a device such as your phone to isolate the problem.
(28-Jul-2016, 02:22)ozsound Wrote: This sounds like an OS or software issue (drivers, other software affecting BT function, etc) independent of the Phantom. 

Try connecting the Phantom to a device such as your phone to isolate the problem.

He indicated he has: "- connecting mobile devices : already done ; works fine."
Hello,
my son gave me a Bluetooth Marshall compact loudspeaker and a tiny Bluetooth JBL.

Both work perfectly with the MSI computer. It seems to be a driver issue on the computer or a firmware upgrade that needs to be done on the Phantom as there is something like incompatibility between them.
The MSI works fine with any other BT device and the Phantoms work perfectly with any computer/mobile but the MSI.

I'll connect my music network to the internet in case an update is available from Devialet and if ther is no result, I'll go to the store rue du 4 septembre with my computer after calling devialet in case this issue is already known
Follow up ...

New setup, new firmware, new spark software.

Always the same.
All computers can play music with BT except the MSI new one.
All BT devices I got work with the new MSI computer except the Phantom.

Went to Devialet store one month ago and they tried my computer ; they told me it was a matter of new BT cards and that it should be solved with the next firmware upgrade...
Also bought a recent BT plug, the most recent ; it does not work too.

I must say I am very disapointed.

Begin to think that it could be wise to go back to a wired HiFi as before. When you plug all the wires, it always work.

No more comments as I think I would be censored.

What a pita with those f-----g loudspeakers...

Sorry... could not help...
It sounds like software conflict or compatibility issue, shouldn't be too hard to solve. Try completely uninstall existing BT driver from your MSI, install one of the driver below (I don't know what chip in MSI, below BT stack should cover over 90% chip) and try again.

http://www.support.toshiba.com/sscontent...Id=4007183
https://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth
Thanks for helping.
First, I must confirm that ALL  AUDIO BT DEVICES I tried perfectly work with this new computer except Phantoms.

- Broadcom
I already tried with broadcom driver and it does not detect my BT chipset.

- Bluetooth Stack software for Windows by Toshiba :
For the first time, I could ear my phantoms with my new laptop and using BT !!
Now, I have still an issue : connexion breaks even if doing nothing. Connexion lasts between a few seconds till one minute.

Anyway, it might be the beginning of a solution. I have now to try all parameters.

So, many thanks for the link.

Listening music with computers is not that complicated...
Just:
- use a Toshiba software
- install it on a MSI laptop
- to manage an intel BT chipset
- and finaly produce sounds with a Devialet loudspeaker...
IT WORKS !!!

I checked carefuly to remove any windows software, any BT driver or utility. Actualy, I had not uninstalled everything the first time ; and desactivating is not enough.

@ timhbf : thank you very much.