Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
(22-Jul-2016, 18:40)Dr Tone Wrote: Well that's 2 firmware major number increases now with no significant improvements or features for regular D120,D200,D400,D800 users.

I really don't understand what the f/w upgrades can possibly do SONICALLY. I've never messed with mine because having gone to all the aggravation of getting my system as close to neutral accuracy (that I believe: but that's irrelevant because it's how I want the sound regardless), why the hell would I then want to introduce random changes made by Devialet in the s/ware?

Besides which, there is a sense of a lack of credibility when these amps were advertised as having massive degrees of accuracy, only then to have dozens of f/ware upgrades. It's like Microsoft claiming to have a great o/s and then sending out a patch every week.
(22-Jul-2016, 21:58)Damon Wrote: OMFG; They release a firmware version that adds performance and value to the hardware already installed in the O d'A and people still complain.

HOW does it add (sonic) performance? See my previous post.
Firmware versions are changing DSP software section, so sound quality may be changed (and it is).
In addition to what @daniel.avasilichioaei wrote; most subsystems inside the Devialet are controlled by microcontrollers or microprocessors/FPGA’s e.g. the PSU, so firmware revisions that can change their operating parameters can absolutely cause differences in SQ.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
And to add to what @daniel.avasilichioaei and @Antoine have said, one of the firmware updates soon after the release of the CI board actually turned the Expert 130 Pro into the Expert 140 Pro, delivering an extra 10W of power per channel. I don't think that's the first time a firmware update has increased the power capability of a Devialet slightly.

All sorts of things can be changed in a firmware update and looking back at the Expert range prior to the introduction of the Expert Pro, there seemed to be a fair amount of debate about which firmware version sounded best with different people having their different preferences and the creation of a "library" of firmware releases so that owners could find copies of old firmware versions that they could revert to at will.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia