Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
When I unzipped the firmware, it gave me totally 19 files including the firmware manual file. Is it one more file more than the previous firmware (which gave 18 files including the firmware manual file)?
yes it is one extra manual file, but foes not matter if you include it in the CD card. It just ignores it
SQ wise a nice step forward! imaging, soundstage and separation improved and what a bass....
1000 Pro, Wilson Audio Sophia 3, SOtM-200 Ultra Neo, Mutec REF10/MC-3 + USB, NUC/Audiolinux, Phantom white & gold
(22-Jul-2016, 22:22)Confused Wrote: Interesting comments Cylob.  Can you explain what you mean by bass being 'too controlled'?  In the context you have written this, it is clearly a negative for you, but 'too controlled' sounds like a positive to me!  How can you have too much control of the bass?  I know that describing listening experiences in words is incredibly difficult to do (I'm rubbish at it!), I am just trying to understand this one.

The bass becomes too pointy (punchy) on my system and therefore looses weight. The bass feels much lighter.
Also the mids loose a lot of their warmth it seems.
My speakers are magnetostatics and are very clear and detailed, so the extra brightness that the later firmwares added are not working for me either.

They are not SAM-ed btw. Magnetistatics / electrostatics never are, unless they have a bass woofer added.
All this might work out great on a different system of course.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
On my D800 the first 1h check has not revealed any SQ differences to me. For the D900 I might have some better controls on the low mid' s but nothing really spectacular.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
Just upgraded my 400 to 10.0.2.  I'm hearing more top end sparkle and air. Bass has better definition but mids don't seem to have been affected.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Just downloaded the firmware (haven't installed it yet) and compared to 9.0.1 only the WiFi and IHM firmware files have changed. And there is a new ADH (v4) firmware file for the new Pro models.

We've discussed/hypothesized before what the IHM, which probably stands for 'Interface Homme Machine', does. I consider it the central 'brain'/director of the Devialet and it at least is responsible for the 'GUI' so the display contents and functionality in enabling/disabling functionality. Any changes in SQ (when one doesn't use WiFi and perhaps ethernet) must be because of changes in this file (or the placebo effect of course Wink).
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Of course (?) one of those files (IHM?) will have the overall version number in so will always be different with different versions.
Music 
For me the sound changed to the better with this update. There's an increase in intimacy and assertiveness, no doubt, with an equal decrease in a slight dissonance that did use to be easier to detect at certain frequencies.

Ultimately I guess the (perceived or real) changes in sound depend on the specific characteristics of your system, especially the type of speakers used. The TADs midrange is supreme to most speakers (in my view) and all changes in sound is easily detected in mids/lower highs. And I really like what I'm hearing right now...  Cool
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(23-Jul-2016, 11:48)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Of course (?) one of those files (IHM?) will have the overall version number in so will always be different with different versions.

Absolutely I agree, but the change in size etc. does tell us something (though little) about the extent of change. And we of course know for sure what files did not change. Anyway, it's a guessing game, only Devialet really knows what changed and how. Smile

I'll probably install the new firmware later. Though I haven't used my system this past week, the week before I was going through some 'burn-in woes' with the new Hynes PSU so until I'm sure that is stable (which reportedly could take weeks) I'll refrain from updating.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands