Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Issues x3
Good morning All,

New user here but unfortunately first post is with some issues i'm having with our Phantoms

We have 3x Phantom Silvers, We have a Dialog but more on that in a minute.

I will start from the beginning:

Our Phantoms are mainly used on Bluetooth (i know) however this is how the user likes to use them.

2 of our phantoms would not play using bluetooth, the connection is made but sound does not play when the device says it's playing. Give it 30 seconds and the music will play for perhaps 2-3 seconds then it stops again, this repeats for a few minutes then the bluetooth usually fails.

I've tried all the resets including reset the factory settings (7 seconds, 3 seconds etc) 

At first all 3 speakers worked, they all emit the "breathing noise" then bluetooth worked fine on all units and all remotes.

Great, At this point i thought i'd try the Dialog.

This was just wraut with problems, the dialog constantly crashing, devices not being found etc. I eventually got all the phantoms connected to the dialog but then the Spark app would not let me Continue after i'd "placed" my devices, i tried this 4-5 times with the same result.

So i decided to go back to bluetooth, But i have the exact same problem as the start, Bluetooth does not play and the unit is unreliable.

I've tried 10-12 firmware resets (7 seconds, 3 seconds) and the phantoms will not change their state.

When the speaker starts, the woofers move as expected.
The "breathing sound" does not start right away it does after a few seconds but then it stops, starts bluetooth does not work properly

Interestingly all 3 phantoms show this behavior and stop and start their "breathing" noise as the same time. even though the dialog is in the bin at the moment.

I can manage to connect to the phantom with ethernet but it will not play music from here also, the connection to the speaker is made when the breathing noise appears for a few seconds, then it says Phantom is missing.

I cannot get hold of Devilet support so i'm at a loss.

Current status is 3x paperweights.

Anybody have any ideas?
Could you please tell us what kind of wireless router you are using? Have you checked if the router firewall is blocking the data for the Dialog and Phantoms? Do you use some kind of power conditioner that would interfere with the PLC Phantom uses? Have you done the full factory reset as described on the Devialet website? When you stream via BT, how far away are you from the receiving Phantom? Did you try to set up the speakers with the Dialog in the same room in close proximity to the Phantoms?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(23-Jul-2016, 12:38)ragwo Wrote: Could you please tell us what kind of wireless router you are using? Have you checked if the router firewall is blocking the data for the Dialog and Phantoms? Do you use some kind of power conditioner that would interfere with the PLC Phantom uses? Have you done the full factory reset as described on the Devialet website? When you stream via BT, how far away are you from the receiving Phantom? Did you try to set up the speakers with the Dialog in the same room in close proximity to the Phantoms?

We have quite a technical Wifi network, we use a Cisco network along with Cisco Wireless Lan controller but however.. I've removed the dialog from the system completely now it can go in the bin as far as I'm concerned.

Im now simply trying to use the bluetooth option (this is how the user prefers to use it) However we thought we'd "try" the dialog, wish i hadn't.

The speaker starts. The woofers move out as normal.

Sometimes the "breathing" noise starts, sometimes it does not, When it does, it plays for perhaps 2-3 seconds then stops, starts again and so on. (i've made sure all BT devices are turned off to i can see nothing is connecting automatically which could stop the noise)

Bluetooth will connect, i sometimes getting connected noise, then the music will play, for perhaps 10 seconds, then it stops and bluetooth disconnects. I've tried from 3 iPhones 1 iPad and 1 Macbook, the same happens every time.

Bluetooth device is around 1m away from the speaker during testing.

I've tried the 3 press button restart
I've tried the firmware reset 7 seconds 3 seconds and confirmed that the phantom is downloading data.

It downloads approx 65.3mb from the devialet servers whilst pulsing the speakers

Filename - dos-paco_player_v1-1.7.1.0.bin

Once it's back up and running i can connect to it via Spark and ethernet to complete the set up, but then it usually hangs on adding to room, or does not play music once it passes that.
I think the main tell tale so far is the start up sound.

When the bluetooth on the phantoms were working the startup sound was uninterrupted, it played on and on and on until you connected your phone.

But now, when the speaker starts the start up sound stop and starts and stops and starts.

But so far, no reset or firmware reset has helped.
OK so now im getting bluetooth connectivity at random lengths, previously it was just a few seconds.

Now its sometimes 25 seconds, sometimes 1 minute, sometimes longer but ultimately does cut off.

the signal etc looks good from my mac, can't be a signal issue.

One more update here.

The user had 1 spare Phantom still in the box, so we unpacked this.

First time, bluetooth etc is working perfectly with the same test devices we were using.

So, Devialet, whats up with your current firmware or reset/firmware procedure? because it's bricked 3 of our phantoms.
Have you tried using a source other than Bluetooth (local files through Spark, one of the Internet services or via optical) to see if the problem is still present?

I unfortunately cannot help regarding the Bluetooth issue itself as I own "first-gen" Silver Phantoms which did not have built-in Bluetooth.
Do few basic steps:
1. Connect three phantoms to Dialog, set up 2 as stereo, and one as the other room
2. Give it three different Bluetooth names
3. Try to play music via Spotify or Spark, something that works native with Phantoms
4. If music is playing fine, try to connect to the single phantom (multimix) and then play some music
5. If it works, try to do the same with the stereo phantoms
6. If music is failing to play, try using another bluetooth device then you're currently using, I don't honestly believe that all three units could have a problem with a bluetooth module, so it's most probably the bluetooth device.
Thanks Dmitrek please see my comments:

1. Did this, this was the actual format i wanted to deply but the application would not continue after placing the speakers, the "continue" button did nothing (5 attempts)
2. Tried this, names did not change on the bluetooth device discover page or make a difference
3. Using the Phantom over wifi the songs do not play with spark, sometimes they played for 2 seconds before the app gave the "one or more phantoms are missing" The spark app would show this message in direct time with the "startup" sound stopping and starting.
4. Music is not playing fine in any scenario.
5. ^
6. I've tried 4x devices, they all show the same behaviour, the only thing what links the 3 troublesome phantoms is that they were connected to the same troublesome dialog previously. BEFORE they were connected to the dialog the bluetooth was working perfectly on all 3 speakers.

The 4th speaker which was not part of any of the above is working perfectly in bluetooth,

So something i've done, the reset process or the firmware the 3x units downloaded must have caused it. If the firmware has bugs then it would render these issues on all 3 speakers as they've all had the firmware reset (power on for 7 seconds, off for 3 seconds)
(24-Jul-2016, 15:47)urbanpixels Wrote: Thanks Dmitrek please see my comments:

So something i've done, the reset process or the firmware the 3x units downloaded must have caused it. If the firmware has bugs then it would render these issues on all 3 speakers as they've all had the firmware reset (power on for 7 seconds, off for 3 seconds)

I'm a bit puzzled regarding your firmware reset: power on for 7s, off for 3s.
Where is this procedure described? The reset I know are to press 3 times shortly on the reset button on Phantom or/and Dialog. On devialet website it is described how to do a Factory reset. See here: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...and-Dialog-
From your description I have the impression that the 3 of your Phantoms are not correctly set up with the Dialog. So I would propose that you unplug your 4th working Phantom as this one is correctly configured to run as what is called Phantom SOLO configuration and therefore works well with Bluetooth.
Take the 3 Phantoms and Dialog and do the steps of Factory reset as described in the above link. Therefore, the Dialog needs to be connected to your network router by Ethernet to Internet. Take care that all Phantoms and Dialog are connected to the same outlet branch, so that PLC can work. Take care that this outlet branch does not have any protection filters.
Like this you should be able to setup the 3 Phantoms with Spark to a working Multiroom system. Check that Dialog and all Phantoms have the same actual firmware 1.7.1.0.