Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Issues x3
Hi
It look like the problem is the way you setup the devices initially.
You want to setup the device to use the Bluetooth directly...
You need to setup phantoms properly , before switching to Bluetooth as you main way of sending sound to phantoms...
If you intend to use only Bluetooth connection, then I suggest you setup the phantoms correctly..
I would repeat what was said before.. Get the three phantoms in one room and make them ready for the setup. You must do the full reset.
connect dialog to the network as described in the setup procedure
Dialog first wired straight to your router/ switch
Restart your router/ switch
Reset dialog by pressing 3 times and wait...
Switch on phantoms
Do not run the setup on a mobile device... Always run the first setup from a PC/laptop wired to the router/switch ( don't ask me why , that method worked for me)
So assign the room ( even if the are all in same room.. Just assign different room names) to the phantoms and finish the setup.
Then activate Bluetooth and play a song / radio from your mobile devices via Bluetooth
That should work...
The bottom line is that it is more difficult to setup more than 2 phantoms
Good luck
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
Thanks Angenet,

Bluetooth operation should work right out of the box with no setup required, as told to me by Devialet.

It's becoming apparent that power is indeed the cause of my problems.

We are able to fault the speakers while running only 1 generator on the ship, when we run the 2nd generator it must be affecting the sinewave of the power output making it more stable, the speaker works perfectly.

Phantoms must be extremely sensitive, all our other electrical items (47 meridian G68 sound processors, 47 G41 Ampifiers are all working great on this power)

Going back to 1 generator and the speaker has problems again. So it looks like Devialet were right! Phantoms are not suitable for a Ship or environment where power is provided by generators.
Urbanpixels, without network you can only play to a single Phantom anyways, so bluetooth is somewhat limited in stereo configuration.
Hi Urbanpixels
Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
Did you get the power need specifications for your Phantoms?

I've got two Phantom gold speakers and alot of audio dropouts optical/bluetooth and airplay