Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a little aggrieved d400
(28-Jul-2016, 00:42)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(27-Jul-2016, 09:09)dkdavid Wrote: The upgrade would cost me the same as buying the new pro model, so the discount irrelevant, my gripe is the way they new model was kept from me !

So you bought a 400 with a discount and if you decide to upgrade you will have spent the same as if you would have bought the upgraded version straight away? I don't see what the problem is here.

Look at this from Devialet's / The dealer's perspective; Say you listened to the 400 and liked it. You're in for a buy but you're waiting for the new version to come out. Two weeks later you walk past a different hifi store and decide to go in for a browse. You see an amp from a competitor and decide to have a listen. As it happens, this dealer has done a particularly good job at setting up the equipment and it sounds amazing. You buy it. Devialet looses the sale. You're just happy with your new amp and don't feel the slightest bit bad for what you've just done. 

The way I see it, you have the best of both worlds; You got a 400 on the cheap, which is a fantastic piece of equipment that you could easily live with for years to come, and you have the option to upgrade to the latest model for the same total cost of that new model. And you have a choice. You don't have to. Imagine if your budget was just enough to buy the 400 with the discount. Wouldn't you feel great you've scraped it in just before the price rise?

If I were you I would just enjoy the music. If it's 4 weeks old, by now it should have started to sound its best  Smile

I have no problem with the quality and sound from the units, its all about choice, i was given no choice , this is not the way to look after customers, so to get the very best from my music , i will have to send the units off for an upgrade, so thats postage and insurance costs, time down without my system whilst its upgraded, so if i was given the choice ( to which i was not ) things would have been different, i see your point, but surely you can see mine ?
dave
Vitus sia 25,focal1038be,cambridge cxn, melco na1,studio connections cabling.
I believe Devialet will take care of the freight charges for the upgrade.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(28-Jul-2016, 07:38)hk6230 Wrote: I believe Devialet will take care of the freight charges for the upgrade.

I know the old upgrades for the Devialet used to have a comment about shipping only being within Europe (or something like that), but no mention within the new upgrades.

I hope your correct, but can't see Devialet paying shipping costs from Australia (in my case), the same as they would with someone living local(ish) to them (e.g. within Europe).
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
When I updated from d prem to 250 from NZ the upgrade program started very late respect the european one (more than one year later) and the upgrade was done in Singapore not in France. The importer took care of the shipping, but I had to pay the shipping up to the importer.
I don't see an issue here. The old model doesn't suddenly sound inferior because a slightly better one is out.
You got a discount.
If you really want an upgrade, it costs the same as your discount (if I get the drift of the thread).
So you haven't lost out and still have a choice.
Seems fair to me.
My D250 still sounds great and I have NO intention of contemplating upgraditis....
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Yes, I bought the 250 in the last week of July. Ex dem price so happy with that. Won't be contemplating an upgrade for a while if ever. Will wait a) until my investments have grown to cover the costs of the 250 and b) to read reviews about the upgrade. Still a brilliant amp.