Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compatibility between old and new models
I was wandering: Since the old units and the new/upgraded ones will run the same software, will it be possible for someone to connect a D200 and a D220pro ?

I believe that it would be possible, the result will be a D400 though...the reason am I am sling is because it would be cheaper to buy a second hand D120 and upgrade it than to buy a D220pro directly

Second thought that with the future osoftware, you could " play around" a bit and if you don not like it, then you can sell the upgraded unit without loosing much.

Anyone else had this same question?
(26-Jul-2016, 17:58)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: I was wandering: Since the old units and the new/upgraded ones will run the same software, will it be possible for someone to connect a D200 and a D220pro ?

I believe that it would be possible, the result will be a D400 though...the reason am I am sling is because it would be cheaper to buy a second hand D120 and upgrade it than to buy a D220pro directly

Second thought that with the future osoftware, you could " play around" a bit and if you don not like it, then you can sell the upgraded unit without loosing much.

Anyone else had this same question?

I am quite certain the new v6 hardware sounds different.  It would not be a good idea to use a 200 and 220 as a '400'.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB