Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
New streamerboard, what functions do we want?
I would not be surprised if the Devialet OS be just licensed Volumio OEM distribution.
Why to develop something that is not core competency? Devialet better focus on hardware and DSP than developing their own OS.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
What exactly will the Streamer Board bring to the Expert range that AIR functionaly does already (and I'm not meaning fix the problems with AIR Smile ).

What does a Streamer board do???
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(28-Jul-2016, 01:23)Celts88 Wrote: What exactly will the Streamer Board bring to the Expert range that AIR functionaly does already (and I'm not meaning fix the problems with AIR Smile ).

You dont need to have a computer to stream music from say a NAS or Tidal or othermusic services if they are supported by the app/streamer inside the Devialet. 

If they get Roon you still need a computer.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Am I thinking too simple here?
A system that combines local and streamed music (Roon like, I guess. I've not sat down to try Roon) and moves it to a small memory inside the Devialet before playing so cables really don't make a difference anymore. Have a good clock, galvanic isolation, a nice interface with volume, tone control, SAM etc. on an iPad and Bob's your uncle. One Cat.5 connection from your router will be all you need and you'll have the world at your finger tips.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Jul-2016, 06:39)octaviars Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 01:23)Celts88 Wrote: What exactly will the Streamer Board bring to the Expert range that AIR functionaly does already (and I'm not meaning fix the problems with AIR Smile ).

You dont need to have a computer to stream music from say a NAS or Tidal or othermusic services if they are supported by the app/streamer inside the Devialet. 

If they get Roon you still need a computer.

Ok, makes sense now, wasn't thinking straight as since having Roon I don't use Spotify (my wife and kids still do however) and I access Tidal within Roon.

As I've got a lifetime membership with Roon, for the moment most likely carry on with the Mac Mini or get a NAS to store my own music files. even with the Streamerboard (or is it going to be called the 'OS Card'), will still need to store my Music files somewhere, unless can connect directly to the Expert Pro via USB and play from there (or from a NAS).

From an SQ perspective is the Streamerboard going to add anything from an SQ perspective that AIR already does (when it works Tongue )
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(27-Jul-2016, 18:31)AllenB Wrote: RAAT (Roon Ready)

+1 from my side. But the hardware they have put now is not sufficient to run Roon. At best Roon Bridge IMO. When they are upgrading the H/W for the streamer hope the had gone all the way to intel latest process board so it could have been multi tasking too. Hope they make the board plug and play for future scalability.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I seem to remember hearing at the OAC event that the prototype boards were already being productionised, so probably too late for may hardware requests to be dealt with.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(28-Jul-2016, 08:48)Jnan_devi Wrote:

+1 from my side. But the hardware they have put now is not sufficient to run Roon. At best Roon Bridge IMO. When they are upgrading the H/W for the streamer hope the had gone all the way to intel latest process board so it could have been multi tasking too. Hope they make the board plug and play for future scalability.

RoonBridge would do for now Wink It is quite perplexing how a measly little Raspberry Pi can do Roonbridge, yet something that in practice, should be able to stream AIR, yet there is no inkling that Devialet will adopt even RoonBridge. Maybe I am missing something, or is it just sheer stubbornness from Devialet? I would even be OK (but not happy) for them to come out and say they will never adopt Roon, at least we would know where we stand.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
If it could make a nice cup of (proper) tea, or a decent cocktail, I might be interested.

In terms of sounds, I guess it really depends what forms of computer playback and streaming services exist by the time it sees the light of day Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(28-Jul-2016, 13:20)AllenB Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 08:48)Jnan_devi Wrote:

RoonBridge would do for now  Wink  It is quite perplexing how a measly little Raspberry Pi can do Roonbridge, yet something that in practice, should be able to stream AIR, yet there is no inkling that Devialet will adopt even RoonBridge. Maybe I am missing something, or is it just sheer stubbornness from Devialet? I would even be OK (but not happy) for them to come out and say they will never adopt Roon, at least we would know where we stand.

I think they were talking to Roon if I remember right from the Oxord audio show.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree