Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall hung speakers?
OOps!

Sorry, I thought the title said 'Well Hung Speakers'

Need to go to SpecSavers! Blush
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(01-Aug-2016, 22:13)AaronG Wrote: I'd love to see it if you have the time to take a picture. I haven't heard Piega's but they get a lot of good press!

Here you go ...

Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
And one from the side showing the mounts ...

Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(02-Aug-2016, 15:55)teddlesdee Wrote: OOps!

Sorry, I thought the title said 'Well Hung Speakers'

Need to go to SpecSavers!  Blush

I thought it was just my dirty mind.
I'm wearing glasses though... Cool
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Those look great! Is the overhang a problem for the speaker dispersion? There appears to be no dealer in the US but I'll try to listen to a pair when I go to Switzerland in September.

(02-Aug-2016, 19:12)baconbrain Wrote:
(01-Aug-2016, 22:13)AaronG Wrote: I'd love to see it if you have the time to take a picture. I haven't heard Piega's but they get a lot of good press!

Here you go ...
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(03-Aug-2016, 15:26)AaronG Wrote: Those look great! Is the overhang a problem for the speaker dispersion? There appears to be no dealer in the US but I'll try to listen to a pair when I go to Switzerland in September.

IMO they have a pretty high tolerance for non-optimal placement, but clearly if you want to unfold their full potential then my setup would not be the preferred one. Still once they are dialed in, (and they really perform best in a 2.1 setup) then one can lean back and enjoy the music. I find that their soundstage is excellent and one gets the impression that the music is coming from everywhere but the speakers. Maybe not as impressive as your German Physics speakers (which I listened to in Munich and really liked) when it comes to imaging but still an excellent value for the money and the craftsmanship is pure Swiss. Smile

Would be curious to hear your impressions after the trip.
Triad
Von Schweikert makes several speakers designed for placement against the wall.  I think they market them under their Vortex Acoustics brand.  

http://www.vortexacoustics.com/

I've been extremely pleased with my VR35s.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I have a smaller version of these which I plan to wallmount as height speakers for Atmos.

https://www.kefdirect.com/t301-ultra-thi...eaker.html