Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1000 Pro Write up by Darko
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...-pro-1000/

Please help me out. The internet here isn't fast enough to see the video...what's he saying?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
He says that the 1000 Pro is called a 1000 because it is 1000 watts, initial demo music sounds like Biosphere's Novelty waves. Techno! How cool is that. Mumbles something about AHD and upgrades then plays The Cure's 'Fascination Street', I think someone at Devialet has ripped off my record collection! Ah! This is interesting, he confirms upgraded amps will have a new 5 year warrantee. He then plays some Ben Salter. He then goes on about getting 'love letters' from D-Premier owners after their D240 upgrade. What????? (confused pauses video to go and be sick) He says the Pro sounds better. Now a short blast of Prince. Lots of stuff about PSU's. Now some Talking Heads! More PSU mumbles followed by Aphex Twin's Cock/Ver10. (I'm actually enjoying the music here, but the clips are way to short) Lots of stuff about distortion, S/N ratio's and power, then a blast of Bjork, some talk of power, more Bjork. Question: Why do you cheat and rate power at 6 ohms? Answer, most speakers have low ohms, or some such waffle. More Biosphere. Talk of staff increases, recruitment Software team doubled. Mumbels about Phantoms. Signs off with Bowie's Lazarus.

Why is it when I go to hifi shows the music is always utterly dreadful stuff I would never listen to in 90% of the rooms, but the music on the video was most excellent. I did hear those big PMC's bigger bothers once also, very good!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Indeed: Novelty Waves by Biosphere... cool!
Even cooler later on: Autechre - Lost [from Anti EP].
Good to see they also realize Devialet is beyond awesome for electronic music.

And the AIR 3.0 beta program is mentioned in the written piece.
"For those less fortunate" haha!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Actually, being serious for a moment. The statement about them doubling the size of the software team is surely very good news! OK, A quadrupling would be better and probably what is needed, but doubling is much better than not doubling.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(29-Jul-2016, 08:19)Cylob Wrote: Indeed: Novelty Waves by Biosphere... cool!

Ha! Shy   Great minds cylob!

EDIT: Yes, and thinking about it, you are absolutely correct, Devialet's DO sound epic with electronic music! I think it's the absolute clarity and accuracy delivered, with the lovely bonus of super accurate bass that digs far deeper than many amps. I am thinking of having a quick look at the alternatives prior to spending yet more cash on the Pro upgrade. I listen to a lot of electronic music, from Kraftwerk, loads of 80's and 90's stuff, to the current day, It's good to look, to check, but I'm thinking maybe I don't have to look too far!
(29-Jul-2016, 08:22)Confused Wrote:
(29-Jul-2016, 08:19)Cylob Wrote: Indeed: Novelty Waves by Biosphere... cool!

Ha! Shy   Great minds cylob!

Yay! You should check out some of the stuff the DeepChord and/or Echospace guys make if you wanna listen to your rig in full glory.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(29-Jul-2016, 08:19)Confused Wrote: Actually, being serious for a moment.  The statement about them doubling the size of the software team is surely very good news!  OK, A quadrupling would be better and probably what is needed, but doubling is much better than not doubling.

It is truly good news.
As you say, four would have been better. But just imagine what they can do with two people!

Will be checking out the video later just for the music - always happy to get some new electronic tips

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(29-Jul-2016, 09:00)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(29-Jul-2016, 08:19)Confused Wrote: Actually, being serious for a moment.  The statement about them doubling the size of the software team is surely very good news!  OK, A quadrupling would be better and probably what is needed, but doubling is much better than not doubling.

It is truly good news.
As you say, four would have been better. But just imagine what they can do with two people!

LOL!! So nasty but sooo funny!  Big Grin
(29-Jul-2016, 09:02)Cylob Wrote:
(29-Jul-2016, 09:00)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

It is truly good news.

LOL!! So nasty but sooo funny!  Big Grin

They might be quadrupling to one?  'What do you mean I now have to work an eight hour day??' Sad
(29-Jul-2016, 08:13)Confused Wrote: He says that the 1000 Pro is called a 1000  because it is 1000 watts, initial demo music sounds like Biosphere's Novelty waves.  Techno!  How cool is that.  Mumbles something about AHD and upgrades then plays The Cure's 'Fascination Street', I think someone at Devialet has ripped off my record collection!  Ah!  This is interesting, he confirms upgraded amps will have a new 5 year warrantee.  He then plays some Ben Salter.  He then goes on about getting 'love letters' from D-Premier owners after their D240 upgrade.  What?????  (confused pauses video to go and be sick)  He says the Pro sounds better.  Now a short blast of Prince.  Lots of stuff about PSU's.  Now some Talking Heads!  More PSU mumbles followed by Aphex Twin's Cock/Ver10.  (I'm actually enjoying the music here, but the clips are way to short)  Lots of stuff about distortion, S/N ratio's and power, then a blast of Bjork, some talk of power, more Bjork.  Question:  Why do you cheat and rate power at 6 ohms?  Answer, most speakers have low ohms, or some such waffle.  More Biosphere.  Talk of staff increases, recruitment  Software team doubled.  Mumbels about Phantoms.  Signs off with Bowie's Lazarus.  

Why is it when I go to hifi shows the music is always utterly dreadful stuff I would never listen to in 90% of the rooms, but the music on the video was most excellent.  I did hear those big PMC's bigger bothers once also, very good!

If Darko has all the info correct (he usually has), the new power supply for the Pro series has PLC capability. With the new Devialet OS streamer board the Expert models will be compatible with Phantom ... and the wonderful Dialog. I think we need to ask Devialet about this and a few other things - like Antoine said in a different thread; have they optimised the USB input? And further: newest XMOS development? Better noise management around the input circuits? What about clocking? And the ASRC?
Devialet talk to us about their acronyms and selling points, but very little about what really matters IMHO. I believe it when they say the new v6 platform has better sound quality, but more information on what has been improved is necessary.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB