Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1000 Pro Write up by Darko
(29-Jul-2016, 11:47)ogs Wrote: Devialet talk to us about their acronyms and selling points, but very little about what really matters IMHO.

That's a thing of the past... we're at the dawn of a new era.

Would be good to know about the USB input. My guess is if it wasn't discussed at Oxford event then it's still unknown. I assume it's in the streamer board which is going to be replaced anyway so for now would most likely be identical to the non-pro line.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Looks like they may have given a clue as to the future direction/focus - licensing SAM and selling ADH chipsets. Guess they need to monetise their IP.

Quote: "But it apparently goes deeper than that. The way Bergère tells it, his employer has even greater aspirations: to eventually license its (SAM) technology to third parties à la Dolby Labs and to become a chipset maker (ADH) à la Intel."
I wonder if any inputs got improved? Even if twice as many are working on software it would not help to improve the input hardware!
(29-Jul-2016, 08:13)Confused Wrote: He says that the 1000 Pro is called a 1000  because it is 1000 watts, initial demo music sounds like Biosphere's Novelty waves.  Techno!  How cool is that.  Mumbles something about AHD and upgrades then plays The Cure's 'Fascination Street', I think someone at Devialet has ripped off my record collection!  Ah!  This is interesting, he confirms upgraded amps will have a new 5 year warrantee.  He then plays some Ben Salter.  He then goes on about getting 'love letters' from D-Premier owners after their D240 upgrade.  What?????  (confused pauses video to go and be sick)  He says the Pro sounds better.  Now a short blast of Prince.  Lots of stuff about PSU's.  Now some Talking Heads!  More PSU mumbles followed by Aphex Twin's Cock/Ver10.  (I'm actually enjoying the music here, but the clips are way to short)  Lots of stuff about distortion, S/N ratio's and power, then a blast of Bjork, some talk of power, more Bjork.  Question:  Why do you cheat and rate power at 6 ohms?  Answer, most speakers have low ohms, or some such waffle.  More Biosphere.  Talk of staff increases, recruitment  Software team doubled.  Mumbels about Phantoms.  Signs off with Bowie's Lazarus.  

Why is it when I go to hifi shows the music is always utterly dreadful stuff I would never listen to in 90% of the rooms, but the music on the video was most excellent.  I did hear those big PMC's bigger bothers once also, very good!

Thanks Confused. On your question about music; I think it's Darko's personal choice.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I just had a chance to watch the video. Am I the only one who noticed they were actually using Ethernet for that demo?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(01-Aug-2016, 11:48)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I just had a chance to watch the video. Am I the only one who noticed they were actually using Ethernet for that demo?

Well spotted Pim!!  I just had a quick look again, and you are correct, it clearly shows 'Ethernet' on the Devialet's display at the start of the video.  It at least shows that Devialet have greater faith in AIR now, for a while now the demos I have seen have been via USB.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hi everyone, I'm the network engineer that has set up the Lifestyle Store in Sydney, it is an incredible place with over 288 streaming devices, including Devialet Air!

I have bought an Expert 800 from the shop after hearing how amazing they were, if you guys are experiencing issues with Air, I'm happy to pass on the details of my configuration.

Thanks Joe.
(24-Sep-2016, 05:34)chickenwing Wrote: Hi everyone, I'm the network engineer that has set up the Lifestyle Store in Sydney, it is an incredible place with over 288 streaming devices, including Devialet Air!

I have bought an Expert 800 from the shop after hearing how amazing they were, if you guys are experiencing issues with Air, I'm happy to pass on the details of my configuration.

Thanks Joe.

I suggest you start an 'Ask Chickenwing Joe' thread.  Tongue
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Joe, go for your life, let us know your secret to stable AIR Smile
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
So there are a few things to take into consideration, with the exception of the Extreme Networks switches, there is no consideration for jitter or stutter control with any IP protocol. So as a result, when we stream audio over a network, its task priority must take precedence over other less intensive tasks.

This is why VoIP services employ Quality of Service to ensure traffic priority, or at the very least, a minimum bandwidth allocation to ensure smooth audio.

To accomplish this within the shop, we use a Cisco/HP network, with a dedicated VLAN for streaming services, and we have nearly 1000gbps of switch fabric to allocate as we see fit.

However, I cannot imagine this being even near practical for a home environment, but if you are using an ISP provided router, lets try to get rid of that, they usually have small NAT tables, and very poor WAN->WiFi->LAN performance, as a result, they don't behave nicely with Air.
Remove any WiFi extending devices, such as boosters or repeaters, these slow down your entire network. Instead think about implementing a dedicated wireless network from the likes of Unifi or similar.

I'm going to start testing some of the commonly available routers on the market (Australia), and I will create a new thread with results.

Can everyone please let me know what media players or software they are using to play audio from their computers with, I am finding that the way some players handle the stream within windows affects the Air connection. TIDAL is one that behaves curiously.