Poll: Planning to upgrade to Pro?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, am very likely to upgrade
23.63%
43 23.63%
No, not looking to upgrade
26.37%
48 26.37%
Waiting to get more information about SQ or other benefits
50.00%
91 50.00%
Total 182 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro?
Now that we know the cost, and what we'll be getting for the money, who is planning to upgrade to the Pro version?
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
No, and I don't think even glowing reviews for the Pro and unability to add streaming card and exclusive new additions to software will persuade me - too expensive in my case (D200, bought a couple of months ago).
• Kuzma Stabi S turntable • Kuzma Stogi S arm • Benz Micro ACE H cartridge • PC with MusicBee / WASAPI source • Oyaide d+ NEO B-Class USB cable • Devialet 200 amplifier • Blue Jeans Ten speaker cable • GoldenEar Triton One •

Never say never, but I'm thinking not.

Actually I did say I'd never spend another penny with Devialet but if they stay true to ipetition statement and show real improvement, and AIR ever works for me personally, then who knows. Time's a great healer.

That said, for £3k I'd want a hell of an increase in SQ and I'd never buy something that hadn't even been designed yet. £1.5k for the bits that exist now, and a further £1.5k when the streamer board and OS comes out. Maybe, certainly a much better proposition.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I'm thinking of going for it, but only after reading feedback from early adopters. It had better be worth nearly 5 grand. Who is going to be the first? 

After you, no, after you, old bean!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I will, but I am in no rush.
The quote for updating my Goldmund Mimesis 29.4 was £11,000 + labour, I didn't bother since IMO the sound was no different (it was simply a case of having a better resale value).
I updated my D-Premiers to 800 but probably shouldn't have since I miss HDMI and have never used USB seriously and my speakers are not SAMmed.

In the last 45 years as a hifi enthusiast the Devialet is only the second product I have owned that the maker offers an update for.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I need to know more about the following before I can make any decision on upgrade:

1) comparison of SQ of an upgraded 200 to 220 Pro versus just buying a 200 companion for a 400.
2) will there be a lower upgrade cost for more recent buyers (eg... this year)
3) will there be a downside to NOT upgrading in terms of firmware availability or streamer boards yet-to-be-defined.

I don't doubt I'll someday wish I had a Pro, but in the near-term, the US upgrade prices just seem crazy high with way too little information available to justify jumping on it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Yep definitely
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I am currently in the 'Waiting to get more information about SQ' category. To be clear, I am only really interested in the D800 vs 1000 pro amplifier sound quality, not the streamer board. For this, I will not have to wait long, the demo is booked!

To be honest, I am not too bothered about the streamer board. I am currently very happy with my mR/Mutec 'streamer'. If the new Devialet streamer board ultimately proves to have excellent SQ, that would be a bonus.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I Think so if i get really upgrade yes , about streaming i Don,t Care i don,t Stream i have a cd player ,and turntable, and a blueray player and that is that . And the Sound from devialet is great , and One more thing it is only 1 box
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
Just curious about how much better the D220 Pro will sound next to a D200 or a D400 since upgrading to dubble mono might be as expensive as upgrading to the Pro. Also think the upgrade is pretty high prized for D200 owners, so really will not decide unless I have heard what we are getting for the now known upgrade prize.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands