Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet should upgrade FOC !!
(02-Aug-2016, 23:30)audio_engr Wrote:
(02-Aug-2016, 23:17)wikeeboy Wrote: Was your unit bought with the 15% discount offer? If so, the upgrade price for you will be roughly the difference between what you paid for the D400 and the price of the new D440. Therefore you shouldn't be any further out of pocket than if you waited for the D440 rather than buying the D400 with the 15% discount.

If the numbers work that way then the upgrade price is fair and shouldn't be FOC.

I paid the full price hence am complaining and screaming for FOC ...  Sad

That seems unfair. I spoke with our local distributor (AUS) and they are trying to work the upgrade pricing out so you are no worse off between what you paid for you expert, and the cost of the expert pro, or the price of upgrading.

You need to push for the same conditions!
The timing of your purchase is interesting. You state that you purchased in late April and paid full price. Here are some facts. I and many others, received an email from Devialet on the 1st of April, this was detailing a 15% 'trade in offer'. Basically trade in ANY amplifier to get 15% off a new Devialet. I did speak to one dealer who stated that you did not even have to trade in anything, it was basically a 15% discount. Later in April the rumours started regarding a product launch in Paris, to which all the dealers had been invited. This took place on April 28th, at which time the dealers whould have known about the new models, albeit they were under none disclosure agreement. So any time in April your dealer would have known about the 15% deal, and towards the end of April with his invite to Paris he would have had a big clue that that a new model would be on it's way. If you have paid full price, you have good reason to be very angry I would say.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(03-Aug-2016, 08:51)Confused Wrote: The timing of your purchase is interesting.  You state that you purchased in late April and paid full price.  Here are some facts.  I and many others, received an email from Devialet on the 1st of April, this was detailing a 15% 'trade in offer'.  Basically trade in ANY amplifier to get 15% off a new Devialet.  I did speak to one dealer who stated that you did not even have to trade in anything, it was basically a 15% discount.  Later in April the rumours started regarding a product launch in Paris, to which all the dealers had been invited.  This took place on April 28th, at which time the dealers whould have known about the new models, albeit they were under none disclosure agreement.  So any time in April your dealer would have known about the 15% deal, and towards the end of April with his invite to Paris he would have had a big clue that that a new model would be on it's way.  If you have paid full price, you have good reason to be very angry I would say.

Keep in mind he paid full price to the dealer. Not Devialet.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I believe there was a chance of dealer in Germany. Did you purchase your D400 to someone who is no longer a Devialet dealer, or to someone who is still a dealer?
In the first case, there is probably not much you can do against a dishonest German reseller who did not apply Devialet's 15% discount policy.
In the second case you can probably get these 15% back.
But this is to be dealt with the reseller, not Devialet.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(02-Aug-2016, 15:14)audio_engr Wrote: So – the essence of writing this post is not to complain but to understand from fellow members that “is it incorrect to ask Devialet that they should carryout a Free-of-cost upgrade to all purchasers post 1st April 2016 ?”

Lemme know your thoughts …   Smile

Let's see... you own a freshly minted pair of Bowers and Wilkins 802 D3 and a Devialet Le 400, a sweet combo in my view, which you happily paid for at the time.  Yet shortly thereafter you have become soured by learning that something newer from Devialet is on the horizon, how sad.  

At the end of the day it's always "Caveat Emptor" but at the start of the night it should be "Enjoy the Music".
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
I bought 3 D200 after 1st April, and I don't expect any free of charge upgrade. I am very happy with my purchase. In my opinion a classic remains a classic regardless of a newer model coming along down the line. Also I don't look at the Devialet Expert even with all its electronic and firmware upgrades as a PC. Hence I don't really feel the need to upgrade. I love the way it looks and the music it makes, for me it is the end of a long journey. I intend to keep my Dev's for the whole 5 years of warranty, and that is a long time in the iPod throw away times we live in.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).