Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is a Devialet 120 sufficient fir driving Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors M speakers?
[quote='Lavi' pid='4035' dateline='1412274096'
I own Cremona Auditor M speakers, do anyone know how low they go with SAM ( currently they dont go much lower than 50
[/quote]
Auditor goes down little lower than 40hz at -6db. I saw this info in audio magazine review. This is amazing for speakers with 15cm woofer. This is with sam off.
According to http://devialet.com/enceintes/sonus-fabe...remona-m-2 they go down to 17.4 Hz.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(15-Oct-2014, 18:53)Jean-Marie Wrote: According to http://devialet.com/enceintes/sonus-fabe...remona-m-2 they go down to 17.4 Hz.

27.4Hz is the correct figure, I think. Still jolly impressive. My Cremona Auditor Ms are currently in storage. In a week or two I'll get them home and give them the SAM treatment. Smile

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Yes you are probably right. 27 is more consistent with the other speakers. Still very impressive as you say.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
27.4 Hz! ppfff I never thought a 15cm woofer could go that low! I will organize a listen with a D200, and see if how it affects the setting of my Rel G2 sub
Hello SF AUDITOR M users.

I have just discovered that in my system Auditor M sounds much better (with SAM on) when I wind the rear cones fully down to achieve the correct tonal balance and proper weight. When I tilted them back too far, they started to harden and shout, losing their great bottom-end foundation and superb hightones.

SAM is on with 25% setting.

Now my Auditor M are just perfect sounding with 200.

Please try my findings and write Yours opinions.

Have a nice weekend with these little beauties;-)
(17-Oct-2014, 17:06)moreno1973 Wrote: I have just discovered that in my system Auditor M sounds much better (with SAM on) when I wind the rear cones fully down to achieve the correct tonal balance and proper weight. When I tilted them back too far, they started to harden and shout, losing their great bottom-end foundation and superb hightones.

Do you mean that you're adjusting the height of the spikes on the base? Apologies if I've misunderstood.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
London
(17-Oct-2014, 17:42)Jwg1749 Wrote:
(17-Oct-2014, 17:06)moreno1973 Wrote: I have just discovered that in my system Auditor M sounds much better (with SAM on) when I wind the rear cones fully down to achieve the correct tonal balance and proper weight. When I tilted them back too far, they started to harden and shout, losing their great bottom-end foundation and superb hightones.

Do you mean that you're adjusting the height of the spikes on the base? Apologies if I've misunderstood.

Hi
I wind ONLY the rear cones fully down! Only REAR. Front cones are in factory/original setting. Thanks of it speakers are nearly 100% in vertical position, not as in FACTORY/original setting when they are bended.
In my room and system when I bended them (as in factory/original setting), they started to harden and shout, losing their great bottom-end foundation and superb hightones.
(17-Oct-2014, 20:36)moreno1973 Wrote:
(17-Oct-2014, 17:42)Jwg1749 Wrote:

Hi
I wind ONLY the rear cones fully down! Only REAR. Front cones are in factory/original setting. Thanks of it speakers are nearly 100% in vertical position, not as in FACTORY/original setting when they are bended.
In my room and system when I bended them (as in factory/original setting), they started to harden and shout, losing their great bottom-end foundation and superb hightones.

Thanks, I understand now. I'll give this a try.

London