Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
1000 Pro with dCS Vivaldi?
From below link
https://www.facebook.com/kjwestonelondon...9967955514

They were demonstrating the 1000 Pro with dCS Vivaldi set and Wilson speakers.

Why the dCS DAC, how does it feed into the Devialet all digital setup?

Or are they just showing Devialet with the big irons to enhance its profile?
Looks to me on the fotos that they are running analog rca in to the master, seems a bit odd. Why dont use AES from the upsampler and run digital all the way to D1000.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Could it be to demonstrate how good the AD conversion in the D1000Pro is?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Would love to visit and listen to how it sounds as compared to the Naim statement amplifier.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
(03-Aug-2016, 15:16)agentsmith Wrote: From below link
https://www.facebook.com/kjwestonelondon...9967955514

They were demonstrating the 1000 Pro with dCS Vivaldi set and Wilson speakers.

Why the dCS DAC ...

... because selling both is much more profitable?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(03-Aug-2016, 22:04)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Could it be to demonstrate how good the AD conversion in the D1000Pro is?

You could put that another way I suppose.... Shy

What I like about that setup, and the Statement in fact - apart from the reasonable cost - is the unintrusive minimalist nature of it.
I could happily plonk either down in my lounge and they'd blend right in with the furniture.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(03-Aug-2016, 22:13)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(03-Aug-2016, 22:04)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Could it be to demonstrate how good the AD conversion in the D1000Pro is?

You could put that another way I suppose.... Shy

Actually, I was thinking exactly the same thing as Pim.  If you consider that the dCS is pretty much a state of the art way of producing an analogue signal, it would be a splendid test of exactly how good the Devilaet AD conversation is, or to put it another way, how good the Devialet, with all its ADH trickery, is when running as a conventional amp.  You could then try it versus other amps, or indeed dCS via digital AES/EBU, to see if Hifi_swlon has a point.  It doesn't make much sense as a Devialet front end though, £45k even without the CD player?  I can think of many fun ways of spending that much cash! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(03-Aug-2016, 22:04)helloworld1978 Wrote: Would love to visit and listen to how it sounds as compared to the Naim statement amplifier.

Yes that would be nice, as I was a long time Naim addict

That's my first thought.

But what would that prove?

If the Vivaldi Analogue into the Devialet sounds the same as the built in DAC, that means the Devialet homogenises everything?

If the Vivaldi sounds worse, the A2D is no good?

If the Vivaldi sounds better, does it mean the A2D is no good?  Or the Devialet built in DAC is better?

Since everything is bottlenecked thru the Devialet DAC and amp, i think it is hard to draw conclusions.
(04-Aug-2016, 02:24)agentsmith Wrote:

That's my first thought.

But what would that prove?

If the Vivaldi Analogue into the Devialet sounds the same as the built in DAC, that means the Devialet homogenises everything?

If the Vivaldi sounds worse, the A2D is no good?

If the Vivaldi sounds better, does it mean the A2D is no good?  Or the Devialet built in DAC is better?

Since everything is bottlenecked thru the Devialet DAC and amp, i think it is hard to draw conclusions.

Plug the Vivaldi into the Statement and compare? Wouldn't Naim be embarrassed if the Statement didn't sound any better?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.