Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurender X100 with Devialet
does anybody use or have experience with the Aurender X100 as source for Devialet ? If you are an owner or user, I'd be grateful to hear what you think of your Aurender..... thanks
I'm also interested.. I'm thinking that I'd like a solution that doesn't involve having to use my computer (other side of the house) I'm pretty spoiled with Sonos, just plop down in front of the system hit the Sonos app and music plays... The Bryston piece is also interesting..
I have one arriving this week. I will be using an Berkely Alpha USB with it as well.

(27-Sep-2014, 21:12)krass Wrote: does anybody use or have experience with the Aurender X100 as source for Devialet ? If you are an owner or user, I'd be grateful to hear what you think of your Aurender..... thanks
(28-Sep-2014, 20:23)adstew Wrote: I have one arriving this week. I will be using an Berkely Alpha USB with it as well.

I hope you enjoy it! I must admit to being slightly jealous! Are you using AIR at the moment? If so I am sure many people on here would be interested how the Aurender souds in comparison.

Any observations regarding ease of use and functionality would obviously be of much interest also.
Thank you. I am currently using AES/EBU connection from the Berkeley into my 800. Mac Mini with Audirvana has been the source. Using the Berkeley solved all of the Audirvana air issues. I found this combination to be preferable to Air ethernet but am still breaking in a new USB and AES/EBU cable. Noting, I was very happy with the Air ethernet. To my ears, the new set-up is a bit more natural sounding with some added width/depth to the soundstage.

I will post some thoughts on the Aurender with this combo when it arrives.

(28-Sep-2014, 20:32)Confused Wrote:
(28-Sep-2014, 20:23)adstew Wrote: I have one arriving this week. I will be using an Berkely Alpha USB with it as well.

I hope you enjoy it! I must admit to being slightly jealous! Are you using AIR at the moment? If so I am sure many people on here would be interested how the Aurender souds in comparison.

Any observations regarding ease of use and functionality would obviously be of much interest also.
(29-Sep-2014, 00:20)seeseerider Wrote: Hi!! silly question but what is to gain by using an external DAC with a Devialet? will the signal conversion from the Devialet nullify the gain from the Berkeley? A guy asked Jeff Fritz a similar question and here his reply: http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php/lett...d-devialet

Regard

Guy ;-)

The Berkeley Alpha USB is not a DAC.

It converts USB to SPDIF(BNC) or AES/EBU.
(29-Sep-2014, 03:40)mauidan Wrote:
(29-Sep-2014, 00:20)seeseerider Wrote: Hi!! silly question but what is to gain by using an external DAC with a Devialet? will the signal conversion from the Devialet nullify the gain from the Berkeley? A guy asked Jeff Fritz a similar question and here his reply: http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php/lett...d-devialet

Regard

Guy ;-)

The Berkeley Alpha USB is not a DAC.

It converts USB to SPDIF(BNC) or AES/EBU.
my bad!! sorrySad
Do the Aurenders have integration of streaming services like Spotify and/or Qobuz?
@adstew, thanks.. please if you can listen to both the Aurender going USB into the Dev, and with the Alpha USB.. I'm very curious as to what the Alpha will add (or subtract) I won't be buying an Alpha so I'm mostly interested as to how it sounds straight into the Dev and how it sounds compared to AIR..

FWIW I think AIR sounds great, I just find it inconvenient to use..
@EricM - I second every word of your last post!