Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurender X100 with Devialet
thanks for the replies so far. I'm a bit fed up with the MacMini and looking for something less tedious; also have my eye on the Auralic Aries but the Aurender 1 box solution (and build quality) appeals. I also have a USB-SPDIF box ready in case of need (Audiophilleo).

really look forward to hearing your thoughts adstew....
I don't believe they do (yet) Which is a bit of a drag. If the Aurunder could do Pandora and internet Radio it would be perfect!

(29-Sep-2014, 09:06)Rob35 Wrote: Do the Aurenders have integration of streaming services like Spotify and/or Qobuz?
(29-Sep-2014, 22:18)ErikM Wrote: I don't believe they do (yet) Which is a bit of a drag. If the Aurunder could do Pandora and internet Radio it would be perfect!

(29-Sep-2014, 09:06)Rob35 Wrote: Do the Aurenders have integration of streaming services like Spotify and/or Qobuz?

I couldn't see any mention of music services or internet radio in the Aurender documentation.

The NAD M50 Music Player has Spotify, Qobuz and Wimp integration plus TuneIn for internet radio. I haven't heard one but the review in Stereophile was pretty positive.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(28-Sep-2014, 20:42)adstew Wrote: I will post some thoughts on the Aurender with this combo when it arrives.

Very much looking forward to this! Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

The Aurender has a nice, recent review at
http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/09/19...ic-server/

He makes 2 interesting points:
1- that Aurender are working on integrating these type of streaming services (but not there yet), and
2- that the Aurender shows up as an AirPlay target so you can stream there from, say, an iPad (can that be done direct to the Devialet ??)
(28-Sep-2014, 20:23)adstew Wrote: I have one arriving this week. I will be using an Berkely Alpha USB with it as well.

did you get your Aurender yet adstew ?
(and I'd be very interested to know where from ?)
[edit: a number of posts originally appeared here, now moved to a new thread]
http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Sonos

dear mods,
it's interesting stuff but quite off-topic, so I wonder if you have a way to move the last 2-3 pages of discussion on Sonos, Quboz, Aries etc to its own new thread ? It'll be frustrating for others in the future who may find their way here looking for Aurender info and not be able to find it, and I think the Sonos/ Quboz discsussion is very deserving of its own thread anyway,
thanks ! mike
(04-Oct-2014, 09:57)krass Wrote: dear mods,
it's interesting stuff but quite off-topic, so I wonder if you have a way to move the last 2-3 pages of discussion on Sonos, Quboz, Aries etc to its own new thread ? It'll be frustrating for others in the future who may find their way here looking for Aurender info and not be able to find it, and I think the Sonos/ Quboz discsussion is very deserving of its own thread anyway,
thanks ! mike

Done! Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(04-Oct-2014, 12:48)GuillaumeB Wrote: Done! Smile
Guillaume

thanks Guillaume, quick work Smile
The Aurender is up and running but I have unfortunately had very little time to enjoy it. That said, I am posting some early observations -

1 - The app is top notch. Great UI, easy to use and well thought out. Nice search functionality. Better than any ipad remote/mac/jriver/etc for me.

2 - Library transition from USB drive was easy. Roughly 5 hours per TB.

3 - Build quality is great. Personally, I never really liked seeing a mac mini on my audio rack. You can select what you want to see on the display - song info/meters/ or nothing. The meters are a little cheesy imo.

4 - Reviews that refer to black background are accurate. To my ears, the Aurender does a better job than the Mac. It is more quiet

5 - Source matters - Isn't this always true? The Aurender comes with source material of varying quality for a reason. You can clearly hear the difference. I found it to be more critical of lesser source material than the mac. I need to spend more time here.

6 - The Berkeley and the Aurender did not get along. I have sent an email to Berkeley to understand why but think it may be the difference between a selectable computer interface and the Aurender. The dealer felt strongly about not using it but I am hoping to get it to work. I really liked the Audirvana/Berkeley Alpha combo and preferred it to air/ethernet.

I have not done any extensive AB listening so please excuse the lack of comparison. Based on what I have heard so far, the Aurender is here to stay.