Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurender X100 with Devialet
Does anyone know if there is an Aurender user / enthusiast forum, similiar to Devialet Chat? I think these types of forums are terrific for sharing set up, trouble shooting and optimization information.

I'm a recent Aurender owner and have been a little underwhelmed with the Aurender website & information resources. It has improved some recently, but reminds me a lot of the Devialet website 6 months ago. The websites are obviously an ongoing work in progress and getting better, but not fully baked yet.

I'm really looking forward to the forthcoming Aurender software update to incorporate TIDAL and added NAS access support.

Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
You can use a browser on your computer to access the Aurender (if you have access to your network) and then delete any of those additional folders. I kept /.etc, and /local. Be sure to run the Scanner afterwards. I loaded my files in two folders named FLAC and DSD and rescanned.

If you own an Aurender, I'd advise you to read the manual carefully.

I use dbpoweramp from a browser (via network) for small changes. I haven't yet had the courage to try using a metadata program for wholesale changes. Just be sure to rescan after making changes.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
While using the in app help guide from my S-10, it directs me to a dead link on their website with "404: Page not found! The page you were looking for could not be found" I don't recall finding a S-10 specific owners manual on their website. The website only appears to offer a download user guide for the newer X100. Are you refering to the Aurender App manual? http://www.aurender.com/page/appguide-1

Thanks
Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
(12-Feb-2015, 18:17)kenreau Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 20:57)krass Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 20:41)geoff Wrote: Will Aurender iPad app allow user to rename folders (genre) or does user have to change their thousands of titles to those lame default folder choices built into Aurender app?

Hi krass,

I recently picked up an Aurender S-10 and have discovered while importing my music library to it, I need to perform some music files metadata clean up.  I had the same general questions as above, around how to do these edits once the files are on the Aureneder HD.  Thanks for sharing that info. of thinking of it like a NAS drive.

Could you also share what metadata apps you use to scrub & edit your music files?  I can use either a Windows (by bootcamp) or mac OS.  I tried Bliss briefly until I learned it does not do AIF.  I had used TuneUp a few years ago until moving on to JRMC and Windows.  It doen't do WAV files.  I could try TuneUP again, but I would need to install iTunes again and I was resisting doing that as I suspect it caused the majority of metadata issues I've experienced.   I have approx 40K music files with a mix of 85% AIF, 10% FLAC, DSF and maybe 5% MP3, WAV. 

Thansk
Kenreau
 hi kenreau,
I do my metadata cleaning on the Mac before the files go to the Aurender, but if it fits your workflow I think it can be done with the files in-situ on the Aurender.  I never tried this though....

I used Metadatics, liked the clean intuitive interface and it does everything I needed. 
I also tried Yate, which was slightly less intuitive but possibly had some extra functionality that I didn't need.

I can't tell you which formats these do not support, but I'm sure it's easy to find on their websites.
one point, checkout both website and App Store. I seem to recall that one of these apps sold via iTunes had less functionality than the direct website, due to some Apple content restriction....
(11-Feb-2015, 21:58)MusicLover Wrote: Hi,

I recently received my X100 which substitutes a, now apparent, rather mediocre software optimised laptop. I'm posting my initial thoughts on the newcomer for those interested.

First impression is a sense of a more mature sound. It's fuller, more natural, real and engaging. No doubt, it draws you more into the music.

For Jeff Fritz the X100 only improved, albeit greatly, certain types of music; small ensembles mainly. My experience on the other hand differs, maybe because I come from a lesser source and hence I feel the improvement in all areas.
I listen to a great deal of classical, and complex passages have become an absolute pleasure to listen to (see Wagner or Bruckner). Likewise, piano works performed, for instance, by the great Brendel or Pollini, now convey much more faithfully the caracter of these performers and I would even venture to say, the caracter of the piano itself.
It's also the sense of space in the soundstage that now feels so real (depth in particular, as pointed out by fellow member Adam).

Moreover, it is now also easier to discern better recordings, and while it's true that the Aurender shines with high-res material such as Doug MacLeod or Xiomara Laugart recordings, which are absolutely jaw dropping, the unit improves noticeably also on regular redbook resolution.

As the niche of servers and streamers evolves so quickly and there is so limited info/home demo availability on certain models, I hope someone can benefit from my (limited) experience.

To sum up, I cannot stress enough the benefit of the Totaldac USB cable, or better to say, its filter. It is a definite must if you are planning your system around the USB input.

Happy listenings,

ML

Thanks MusicLover and welcome to the club of Aurender. Glad to see that we share the same opinion on the X100.

Enjoy it Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(12-Feb-2015, 18:58)rwjr44 Wrote: You can use a browser on your computer to access the Aurender (if you have access to your network) and then delete any of those additional folders. I kept /.etc, and /local. Be sure to run the Scanner afterwards. I loaded my files in two folders named FLAC and DSD and rescanned.

I use dbpoweramp from a browser (via network) for small changes. I haven't yet had the courage to try using a metadata program for wholesale changes. Just be sure to rescan after making changes.

rwjr44, I see in your signature that you have Aurender > Invicta.

I will be interedted to hear your thought about this combo that I am myself considering. I heard a LOT of good things about the Invicta as well as... some bad from people who find it sound "too digital" ( But may be they are influenced by the reputation of the ESS chip when it is poorly implemented ?). What is your feeling about the combo ?

Indeed, my my EC445 tube amp do not really have a Tube signature, but rather something between tube & SS, and it is VERY precise and resolving. So, I need to find a DAC that will bring some warm & silk to it WITHOUT loosing the precision/resolution of the EC445.

thanks a lot for your avices
(22-Feb-2015, 16:41)bmichels Wrote:
(12-Feb-2015, 18:58)rwjr44 Wrote: You can use a browser on your computer to access the Aurender (if you have access to your network) and then delete any of those additional folders. I kept /.etc, and /local. Be sure to run the Scanner afterwards. I loaded my files in two folders named FLAC and DSD and rescanned.

I will be interedted to hear your thought about this combo that I am myself considering. I heard a LOT of good things about the Invicta as well as... some bad from people who find it sound "too digital" ( But may be they are influenced by the reputation of the ESS chip when it is poorly implemented  ?).  What is your feeling about the combo ?

Indeed, my my EC445 tube amp do not really have a Tube signature, but rather something between tube & SS, and it is VERY precise and resolving. So, I need to find a DAC that will bring some warm & silk to it WITHOUT loosing the precision/resolution of the EC445.

Well the Invicta is the first DAC that I had in years. It replaced a midrange Esoteric SACD player (I forget the model number). I used the Invicta through its SC card facility for about 6 months and thought that it was much better than the Esoteric. After acquiring a Synology NAS DS 713+, I tried a PK 90 renderer but it 1) didn't sound nearly as good and the Invicta using SD cards and 2) wasn't very reliable. I then tried the Cyrus Stream X2 which is good but still not as good as the Invicta using SD cards. Finally, I tried the X100 and after a few minutes knew that it was outstanding. Bettering the Invicta using SD cards for listening. I haven't tried any other DACs so I can't speak to any alternatives.

I am presently deciding whether to get a Devialet or a Pass power amplifier after I upgrade my speakers.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(22-Feb-2015, 17:27)rwjr44 Wrote:

I will be interedted to hear your thought about this combo that I am myself considering. I heard a LOT of good things about the Invicta as well as... some bad from people who find it sound "too digital" ( But may be they are influenced by the reputation of the ESS chip when it is poorly implemented  ?).  What is your feeling about the combo ?

Well the Invicta is the first DAC that I had in years. It replaced a midrange Esoteric SACD player (I forget the model number). I used the Invicta through its SC card facility for about 6 months and thought that it was much better than the Esoteric. After acquiring a Synology NAS DS 713+, I tried a PK 90 renderer but it 1) didn't sound nearly as good and the Invicta using SD cards and 2) wasn't very reliable. I then tried the Cyrus Stream X2 which is good but still not as good as the Invicta using SD cards. Finally, I tried the X100 and after a few minutes knew that it was outstanding. Bettering the Invicta using SD cards for listening. I haven't tried any other DACs so I can't speak to any alternatives.

I am presently deciding whether to get a Devialet or a Pass power amplifier after I upgrade my speakers.

Thanks a lot for this reasuring feedback. I am happy that you enjoy your system so much.

PS : do you also stream Tidal through the Aurender ? is the sound quality almost as good as from "local" files ?

PSS : do you use the headphone out of the Invicta ? with what headphone ? is it really good ?
(22-Feb-2015, 17:35)bmichels Wrote:
(22-Feb-2015, 17:27)rwjr44 Wrote:

Thanks a lot for this reasuring feedback.  I am happy that you enjoy your system so much.

PS : do you also stream Tidal through the Aurender ?  is the sound quality almost as good as from "local" files ?

PSS : do you use the headphone out of the Invicta ? with what headphone ? is it really good ?
bmichaels,

I haven't done any streaming nor have I used the headphone amp.
(14-Feb-2015, 21:28)amabrok Wrote:
(11-Feb-2015, 21:58)MusicLover Wrote: Hi,

I recently received my X100 which substitutes a, now apparent, rather mediocre software optimised laptop. I'm posting my initial thoughts on the newcomer for those interested.

First impression is a sense of a more mature sound. It's fuller, more natural, real and engaging. No doubt, it draws you more into the music.

For Jeff Fritz the X100 only improved, albeit greatly, certain types of music; small ensembles mainly. My experience on the other hand differs, maybe because I come from a lesser source and hence I feel the improvement in all areas.
I listen to a great deal of classical, and complex passages have become an absolute pleasure to listen to (see Wagner or Bruckner). Likewise, piano works performed, for instance, by the great Brendel or Pollini, now convey much more faithfully the caracter of these performers and I would even venture to say, the caracter of the piano itself.
It's also the sense of space in the soundstage that now feels so real (depth in particular, as pointed out by fellow member Adam).

Moreover, it is now also easier to discern better recordings, and while it's true that the Aurender shines with high-res material such as Doug MacLeod or Xiomara Laugart recordings, which are absolutely jaw dropping, the unit improves noticeably also on regular redbook resolution.

As the niche of servers and streamers evolves so quickly and there is so limited info/home demo availability on certain models, I hope someone can benefit from my (limited) experience.

To sum up, I cannot stress enough the benefit of the Totaldac USB cable, or better to say, its filter. It is a definite must if you are planning your system around the USB input.

Happy listenings,

ML

Thanks MusicLover and welcome to the club of Aurender. Glad to see that we share the same opinion on the X100.

Enjoy it Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Amabrok! Truth is, I am really enjoying going through the collection, and it still amazes me how good some proper 16/44 albums sound. Then you feed it with new Decca or Pentatone high res recordings and the scale and realism of the performance blows you away. It does get quite emotional!

Next are some proper power cables Smile
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy