Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invitation from Devialet
(10-Aug-2016, 13:54)mdconnelly Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 08:27)ozthepoz Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 02:53)baddog Wrote: September 1 is the go date. Pricing is as specified - sadly the first wave don't receive any special pricing as far as I know.

Probably fair enough - there is enough unhappiness around at the moment; if Devialet gave a discount to the 1st 200 to respond, it would likely lead to even more dissatisfaction from person 201 onwards!.

It does make me wonder what the purpose was for that signup-for-the-first-200...   Devialet can be strange and mysterious (and, yes, often quite frustrating ;-)

Not at all - They are counting the potential revenue they might get from the upgrade, to see if that new Yacht for the CEO is a 'goer'! Cool
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(10-Aug-2016, 10:39)gray Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 03:54)baddog Wrote: Apologies, what does "late bird" discounted price mean?

In  this case it seems that the late bird will get the worm.

Supposedly customers who bought within 6 months before the announcement get to upgrade at a discounted price.  But I never got the email(s) so I can't verify.
(10-Aug-2016, 15:01)agentsmith Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 10:39)gray Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 03:54)baddog Wrote: Apologies, what does "late bird" discounted price mean?

In  this case it seems that the late bird will get the worm.

Supposedly customers who bought within 6 months before the announcement get to upgrade at a discounted price.  But I never got the email(s) so I can't verify.

I too would fall into this category having bought my Dev as a demo unit this year, but haven't heard anything about a discounted price, even though my Devialet is registered with the purchase date.   My dealer is still checking...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(10-Aug-2016, 15:49)mdconnelly Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 15:01)agentsmith Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 10:39)gray Wrote: In  this case it seems that the late bird will get the worm.

I too would fall into this category having bought my Dev as a demo unit this year, but haven't heard anything about a discounted price, even though my Devialet is registered with the purchase date.   My dealer is still checking...
Amazingly confused rollout...I have it from a local dealer in Vancouver BC Canada that there is a tiered pricing  for purchases made after Jan 1, 2016 and this price set at 60% of the cost for earlier purchasers.   $6747 CAN compared to $10127 CAN for D400 to D440.  Still a pile of dough.
It is amazing to me that the Devialet Support desk seems to be the least informed of all players I've encounteed along the chain.  Crazy management, that's for sure.
Alll of these issues have material implications to current owners whether we face these unconfimed costs but also potential devaluation of our current investment.  It is only courtesy that they make these issues clear as a bell and as quickly as possible.
(10-Aug-2016, 18:17)Wdw Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 15:49)mdconnelly Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 15:01)agentsmith Wrote: Supposedly customers who bought within 6 months before the announcement get to upgrade at a discounted price.  But I never got the email(s) so I can't verify.

Amazingly confused rollout...I have it from a local dealer in Vancouver BC Canada that there is a tiered pricing  for purchases made after Jan 1, 2016 and this price set at 60% of the cost for earlier purchasers.   $6747 CAN compared to $10127 CAN for D400 to D440.  Still a pile of dough.
It is amazing to me that the Devialet Support desk seems to be the least informed of all players I've encounteed along the chain.  Crazy management, that's for sure.
Alll of these issues have material implications to current owners whether we face these unconfimed costs but also potential devaluation of our current investment.  It is only courtesy that they make these issues clear as a bell and as quickly as possible.
If that 60% is true it will change how I think about the upgrade, just wish they would be clear about this stuff.

I still don't see why so many of the prices are the same when some models have less valuable innards to be recycled, and some models get new copper base plates and some don't.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
I think they are still discussing with the dealers, probably regionally.