Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craig1512 HiFi System
New Member, just joined Devialet Chat and my first post. Although I have been a regular as Guest here for several months now. 

Read in this thread that this is a good place to introduce myself and my HiFi system. 

I purchased my first HiFi system at age 14 (got a loan from my parents and paid it off with money earned from a paper run) 39 years later, I think I have my "end game" HiFi system.

In October 2013 my family home was destroyed in the devastating bush fires in the Blue Mountains, my much loved HiFi system, LP and CD collection was lost in that fire. 

So, the HiFi System in the photos and my signature was built from scratch, originally in January 2014 with Musically Fidelity amps, NAD DAC, B&W Speakers and Mac Mini server. I added the Aurender and Turntable in February 2015. In March this year we finally moved into our new home and whilst looking at a home theater setup at Len Wallis Audio in Sydney, out of curiosity, I had to demo the Devialet Expert 400 which Len Wallis had setup in one of the demo rooms. Several hours later, I couldn't leave the store without putting my order in for a Devialet LE 400. I should add that Len Wallis and his sales staff were absolutely fantastic to deal with and I couldn't have got this system without their very generous assistance! The SolidTech rack was added at the same time and I now have my dream HiFi system.

The Devialet 400 drive my B&W 802's with such musical finesse and impact, I get a huge smile every time I play my music. My system is setup in our main open plan family room/dinning room/kitchen, music and the HiFi System is part of our family every day life. My family really love using the Devialet, simple to turn on with one button on the remote and select music from the iPad and we all love the great sound of our favorite music. I am slowly rebuilding my LP collection and Tidal Steaming has meant I don't need to replace my CD collection. 

In all my years of upgrading and swapping various components and speakers, the Devialet 400 has been the biggest improvement to any previous upgrade, a huge improvement on the Musical Fidelity M6 pre and power amp combo I had in the original setup.     

Thank you for reading, I look forward to participating in the forum as a Member.

Craig

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Welcome to the forum Craig and sorry to hear about the fire mate.

A mate of mine has 802Ds on a MF amp and I've been trying to talk him into buying a Devialet amp as well. The MF is way underpowered for the 802Ds but they still sound fantastic. I don't think he know what he's missing out on yet but i'll take my amps over to him one day and he can find out for himself.  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Welcome to the party.
(09-Aug-2016, 11:35)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Welcome to the forum Craig and sorry to hear about the fire mate.

A mate of mine has 802Ds on a MF amp and I've been trying to talk him into buying a Devialet amp as well. The MF is way underpowered for the 802Ds but they still sound fantastic. I don't think he know what he's missing out on yet but i'll take my amps over to him one day and he can find out for himself.  Smile
Thanks Pim, my experience when demoing the 802Ds (sensitivity 90dB) need to be matched correctly with amp. The MF (M6 power amp 250w/c) did a reasonable job of driving the 802s, compared to others I demoed at the time. But the Devialets do the job so much better in all respects, particularly in bass response. So 2 things I would say your mate, 1 Devialet delivers tight, controlled bass, the sort of bass that you feel in the gut, the MF never did that for me, I moved the 802s around to every conceivable position to try and get good bass. 2 move the volume up to moderate/high levels on the Devialet and the music retains is composure and sounds great at any volume level, the 802s just take the watts and play music without any listening fatigue, the MF didn't do that for me, the music got harsher, somewhat compressed and fatiguing to listen to at high volume. Don't get me wrong the MF were a great sounding amp and I was happy with them, just when you campare with the Devialet, the difference is quite substantial. Now's the time for your mate, I bet there are some good deals out there on the Expert with the release of the Pro.
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Hi and welcome to the forum. 

The system looks great and I'll wager that it sounds it too!
 The 802s look slightly sinister sitting there in all black, which is my favourite finish.

Very cool indeed!  Cool
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Very nice setup. Curious to know if the Diamond Coax is RCA-RCA or RCA-AES.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
Nice looking . welcome
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

(10-Aug-2016, 10:45)helloworld1978 Wrote: Very nice setup. Curious to know if the Diamond Coax is RCA-RCA or RCA-AES.

AQ Diamond coax is RCA-RCA, I didn't realise at the time you could use RCA-AES until I read in another thread on here, would be interesting to do a comparison, but RCA-AES is a special order for an Audioquest Diamond, not sure I want to outlay the money to answer the question!
(10-Aug-2016, 15:24)Craig1512 Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 10:45)helloworld1978 Wrote: Very nice setup. Curious to know if the Diamond Coax is RCA-RCA or RCA-AES.

AQ Diamond coax is RCA-RCA, I didn't realise at the time you could use RCA-AES until I read in another thread on here, would be interesting to do a comparison, but RCA-AES is a special order for an Audioquest Diamond, not sure I want to outlay the money to answer the question!

I had to return my AudioQuest Diamond coax RCA-RCA because it would not play anything above 24/96. Spoke to an AudioQuest representative and he informed me that it's a known issue. The only way to solve the issue was to remove the batteries from the ABS pack. I was also told that this issue seems to mainly affect the Devialet DAC.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
(10-Aug-2016, 17:38)helloworld1978 Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 15:24)Craig1512 Wrote:

I had to return my AudioQuest Diamond coax RCA-RCA because it would not play anything above 24/96. Spoke to an AudioQuest representative and he informed me that it's a known issue. The only way to solve the issue was to remove the batteries from the ABS pack. I was also told that this issue seems to mainly affect the Devialet DAC.

I had the same problem using a Diamond between my source and the Devialet. This issue also seems to disappear if you use the coax or BNC > AES/EBU connection. I tried this out with a simple coax/XLR converter and it works. Sending my Diamond back to AudioQuest to be reterminated in a week.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands