Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craig1512 HiFi System
(10-Aug-2016, 15:24)Craig1512 Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 10:45)helloworld1978 Wrote: Very nice setup. Curious to know if the Diamond Coax is RCA-RCA or RCA-AES.

AQ Diamond coax is RCA-RCA, I didn't realise at the time you could use RCA-AES until I read in another thread on here, would be interesting to do a comparison, but RCA-AES is a special order for an Audioquest Diamond, not sure I want to outlay the money to answer the question!

You will be surprised at how much better the RCA/AES connection is than RCA/RCA.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(11-Aug-2016, 05:22)Axel Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 15:24)Craig1512 Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 10:45)helloworld1978 Wrote: Very nice setup. Curious to know if the Diamond Coax is RCA-RCA or RCA-AES.

AQ Diamond coax is RCA-RCA, I didn't realise at the time you could use RCA-AES until I read in another thread on here, would be interesting to do a comparison, but RCA-AES is a special order for an Audioquest Diamond, not sure I want to outlay the money to answer the question!

You will be surprised at how much better the RCA/AES connection is than RCA/RCA.
I would agree that using RCA/AES is better than RCA/RCA.  I did discuss this point with Devialet's Chief Design Engineer at the OAC 1000 Pro launch event.  His view was that RCA-AES is fractionally better, he said it did not matter if you used a 75 of 100 ohm cable, but if you want to use the theoretical optimum solution then go with a cable with a 75 / 110 ohm transformer.  The only cable I know that fits this description is the offering form Audioprana, which is about 300 euros or so, depending on spec.  Recommended!  (I like mine at least)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Compliments for your system Craig!!
Very cool!
David
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM
                  SPEAKERS : Bowers Wilkins 802 D3 ---- ELECTRONIC : Devialet 200 (upgrade to Devialet 400 -2016-)
                            SOURCE : Aries Auralic ----- LOADSPEAKERS CABLES : Straightwire Crescendo 2*2,4mt
                 SOURCE CABLE : Audioquest USB Carbon ----- POWER : Ps Audio AC3 ---- REMOTE CONTROL : Ipad Mini

(10-Aug-2016, 23:59)kerkhoffd Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 17:38)helloworld1978 Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 15:24)Craig1512 Wrote: AQ Diamond coax is RCA-RCA, I didn't realise at the time you could use RCA-AES until I read in another thread on here, would be interesting to do a comparison, but RCA-AES is a special order for an Audioquest Diamond, not sure I want to outlay the money to answer the question!

I had to return my AudioQuest Diamond coax RCA-RCA because it would not play anything above 24/96. Spoke to an AudioQuest representative and he informed me that it's a known issue. The only way to solve the issue was to remove the batteries from the ABS pack. I was also told that this issue seems to mainly affect the Devialet DAC.

I had the same problem using a Diamond between my source and the Devialet. This issue also seems to disappear if you use the coax or BNC > AES/EBU connection. I tried this out with a simple coax/XLR converter and it works. Sending my Diamond back to AudioQuest to be reterminated in a week.

Okay, I see there is another thread on this subject over at tweaker's corner, I'll jump over there and repeat this. I only have 5 "hi Res" albums purchased and downloaded from hdtracks, 2 of those albums are 24/192, Steely Dan - Gaucho and Cat Stevens - Tea for the tillerman, both play fine on my system. They are both in AIFF format. The Aurender app shows the file as 24/192, the LCD screen on the Aurender shows playing at 24/192. I just checked to be sure and playing now.
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia