Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet upgrading (bad) policy
The price goes up? Oddly enough, I did look at this and allowing for inflation the prices of the new Pro range are almost identical to prices of the old Expert range when first released. In fact, on a watt per £ basis, the 1000 Pro is actually half the price of a 2013 D500!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
@ Confused : sorry the 220 pro will be less expensive than the 200 ??

I understand your reasoning but the price goes up or?

and if i buy nright now this 200 "demo" for 4990.- is save money but vs the 220 pro make sense pull the trigger for this 200 or better wait the new 220 pro and have a "real new" Devialet in my system?

the price from the pro serie where are available? (not in £)

thxs
(31-Aug-2016, 23:06)style Wrote: @ Confused : sorry the 220 pro will be less expensive than the 200 ??

I understand your reasoning but the price goes up or?

and if i buy nright now this 200 "demo"  for 4990.- is save money but vs the 220 pro  make sense  pull the trigger for this 200 or better wait the new 220 pro  and have a "real new" Devialet in my system?

the price from the pro serie where are available? (not in £)

thxs

I believe the 220 Pro is 8490 Euros list price?  So clearly a 'nearly new' ex demonstrator D200 is going to be less money than a new spec 220Pro.

I have read much debate on this forum regarding the 220 / 440Pro pricing.  Speculation as to if it is best to upgrade a D200 to 220 Pro or buy a second hand / ex demo companion and go D400 etc.  All reasonable suppositions.  In your case the debate is cheaper D200 versus more expensive 220 Pro.

The point I would make is that nobody has yet heard a 220Pro or 440Pro.  So my advice is simple, wait until the new Pro models are available for demonstration.  Until then it is impossible to make any judgments with respect to value.  I could make a guess regarding the 200Pro performance based on the difference between a D800 and 1000Pro, but it would just be a guess, albeit based on some experience.  From what we know now, it looks like the 220/440Pro models should be available for demonstration from mid September.  it is not long to wait!  Oh, and if you do want a guess, I reckon the 220Pro will be significantly better than the D200.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(01-Sep-2016, 08:24)Confused Wrote: I reckon the 220Pro will be significantly better than the D200.

+1

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(01-Sep-2016, 08:50)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(01-Sep-2016, 08:24)Confused Wrote: I reckon the 220Pro will be significantly better than the D200.

+1

Guillaume

+2
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Not sure if anyone else did this - but I replied to the mail inviting me to the upgrade on my D400's by enquiring what the cut off date is when it will be removed (the upgrade I mean) - I also raised a support ticket for the same question.

Silence so far. Hoping this means it's extending beyond December.

Still shocked that Devialet expect me to fork out €5.5K on trust, without any chance to hear the new amp.

Let's see.......
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
Either way the alleged 1,500 Euro value streamer board part of the deal is gonna be on trust....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I just can't figure out why they don't separate the current Pro upgrade from the future streamer board. It would allow them to lower the price of the Pro upgrade and let users decide later if they really want the streamer board upgrade. Why would I want to pay for an upgrade now that won't be available until next year, much less know what that upgrade will actually consist of, how it will sound and how it will be handled.

If anyone has any insight on this, please share...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(01-Sep-2016, 22:23)mdconnelly Wrote: I just can't figure out why they don't separate the current Pro upgrade from the future streamer board.   It would allow them to lower the price of the Pro upgrade and let users decide later if they really want the streamer board upgrade.   Why would I want to pay for an upgrade now that won't be available until next year, much less know what that upgrade will actually consist of, how it will sound and how it will be handled.

A very fair point I would say.....
(01-Sep-2016, 22:23)mdconnelly Wrote: I just can't figure out why they don't separate the current Pro upgrade from the future streamer board.   It would allow them to lower the price of the Pro upgrade and let users decide later if they really want the streamer board upgrade.   Why would I want to pay for an upgrade now that won't be available until next year, much less know what that upgrade will actually consist of, how it will sound and how it will be handled.

From their accountants POV it's probably far more desirable to get between 3K and 5K from every owner, and then make a streamer board for as little as possible to fill the '1,500 euro value', than it is to sell a load of upgrades at 1,500.

They are also then in the relatively unheard of luxury of having your cash in their bank accounts upfront to fund the device…..(or use elsewhere). Sort of like a luxury kickstarter, but without any info about what you're investing in, or when its coming beyond the year. Seems like there's plenty of people not really bothered about it though and will upgrade regardless, and hats off to 'em.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<