Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get well soon Rodney!
Welcome Home! As always you were missed. It was pictures of your system and the tales related to it that in some small or large manner took me down the path to Devialets and Vivid Audio Giyas.

All the best to you!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Rodney

Glad things are on the up and up, get well soon.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Damn Rodney, i was wondering where you were lately... wish you a swift recovery! I think i can extend that wish for all dwellers of a certain IRC channel Smile

Btw, i'll follow your footsteps soon : struck a deal on a pair of Devialet Premiers. Once you feel better, do feel free to visit over Smile

Dedicated Intel 2600k JRiver :: 1000Pro :: Vivid Audio Giya G2
Main Workstation :: 220Pro :: B&W CDM1 SE
Spoilt myself today ...I am taking delivery of my 2nd d prem in an hour or so ... immaculate condition , eu 5500.. not an amazing price , but pretty good .. remote etc all included
I paid that for my original .. slightly used..both matte black .. 500w dual mono here I come

Best of all , for Eu 6k , I can UG to the 1000 pro if I want to ..so the cost of going to a 1000 pro which retails for eu 28k is aound eu17k for me....
However I really have no intention of upgrading right now...apart from the extra power , a 2nd d Premier also gives me redundancy , if one amp fails , I just revert to the other..
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(19-Aug-2016, 10:44)Rodney Gold Wrote: Spoilt myself today ...I am taking delivery of my 2nd d prem in an hour or so ... immaculate condition , eu 5500.. not an amazing price , but pretty good .. remote etc all included
I paid that for my original .. slightly used..both matte black .. 500w dual mono here I come

Best of all , for Eu 6k , I can UG to the 1000 pro if I want to ..so the cost of going to a 1000 pro which retails for eu 28k is aound eu17k for me....
However I really have no intention  of upgrading right now...apart from the extra power , a 2nd d Premier also gives me redundancy , if one amp fails , I just revert to the other..

Heh, congrats! with some luck ill get both of mine for 9k eur... i do want to upgrade them though. The 1000pro does sound really good Smile

Dedicated Intel 2600k JRiver :: 1000Pro :: Vivid Audio Giya G2
Main Workstation :: 220Pro :: B&W CDM1 SE
I cannot believe the difference between the single D prem and running 2 as monoblocks...its not just an incremental difference , it is profound
More forward in the first place.. better imaging , depth etc , a sense of cleanness no matter how loud you go .. bass depth increased .. increased pace and better impact ....but I have lost a bit of the lyrical nature of the sound..which I am willing to forgo for the above improvements.
Interesting that going monoblocks should have such a different presentation.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Hey Rodney,
Glad you are well and getting better!
I am also glad to hear about your experience with the dual mono D's.
That's my experience as well. i thought my D4200 was very good, until I UG to D400. It's like a whole new level.

Welcome back to the chat!
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
(24-Aug-2016, 04:46)Giddy707 Wrote: Hey Rodney,
Glad you are well and getting better!
I am also glad to hear about your experience with the dual mono D's.
That's my experience as well. i thought my D4200 was very good, until I UG to D400.  It's like a whole new level.

Welcome back to the chat!

The D4200? Man Devialet are quick with those upgrades. Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
It is with great sadness that I have to report that Rodney passed away last week.
He was a very sharing individual with a great passion for hifi and very active in the South African hifi community.
He leaves his wife and daughter behind.

RIP Rodney.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(13-Jun-2018, 13:47)Drifter Wrote: It is with great sadness that I have to report that Rodney passed away last week.
He was a very sharing individual with a great passion for hifi and very active in the South African hifi community.
He leaves his wife and daughter behind.

RIP Rodney.

Yes this is very sad. It seems like it was only a few days ago when he last posted on here. His contributions were always appreciated by D.C. members.

Condolences to his family. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK