Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the dev's original feet are bad for the sound!
One of my audio buddies uses a 200 to drive his raidho speakers. He got his amp on a flimsy entry level audio rack. He put some pieces of hard foam underneath the amp and was shocked how much better it sounded and said something like the original feet really put a break on the performance of the dev!

I have my dev on a platform from silent running audio and knew something soft would not be good sounding on it. Used some small blocks made from some tropical hardwood I had laying around. Was shocked how much better the amp sounded, much mure musical and involving. Feets were tapping more and I could hardly stop listening!

Would like to urge anyone who got his dev sitting on its original feet on whatever rack or platform to try some stuff!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
When I first bought my 200 I had stillpoints and I could not hear any difference at all when I removed them. The amp I have before the Musical Fidelity M6 sounded better with the stillpoints , but not the 200 so I sold them. That was my observations.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Which Stillpoints you used? I have tried the ultra minis with no good results. Switched to Ultra SS and the improvement is more than welcomed!
(16-Aug-2016, 10:08)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: Which Stillpoints you used? I have tried the ultra minis with no good results. Switched to Ultra SS and the improvement is more than welcomed!

It is important to experiment. Different materials and/or contructions can lead to very different results!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(16-Aug-2016, 14:07)Duomike Wrote:
(16-Aug-2016, 10:08)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: Which Stillpoints you used? I have tried the ultra minis with no good results. Switched to Ultra SS and the improvement is more than welcomed!

It is important to experiment. Different materials and/or contructions can lead to very different results!

Of course! Everyone should experiment in order to gain not only experience, but to find the best product that suit his needs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk