Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrades to PRO starts at September 15th
(30-Aug-2016, 16:23)G51 Wrote: So the new PRO will be released well before Sep15 (at least in EU) so that the current Expert owners could compare the two before deciding to upgrade or not?

I dont now for shure but I think some PRO model will be at the fair in Gothenburg here in Sweden 17-18th of September, my plan is to go there and perhaps after that decide what to do or wait for my dealer to get a PRO model that I can listen to.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Not providing pro models to listen / compare makes this upgrade launch date quite useless.
(30-Aug-2016, 19:37)markush Wrote: Not providing pro models to listen / compare makes this upgrade launch date quite useless.

Well said.

We are not techno freaks , we are serious music listeners with experience of various other manufacturers and difficult to please
I see the Devialet Chat air of positivity is back in full swing again.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I do think though Nick that it's a bit rough to ask people to lay out thousands of dollars without giving the option to evaluate what they're getting. Especially knowing that you're only getting half now, half whenever.

I can't think of any company, hifi or other, that's ever done this.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I will do so. Half of what by the way.

If you mean the extra board its only the streamer board which I am not really interested in anyway. Pretty sure it will not be a Roon endpoint and I will never use anything but Roon in future.

Oh by the way you might look at the 400,000+ people that have put down 1000 each for the non existent Tesla 3.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Through a crowdfunding campaign?
No they queued up outside Tesla stores and sent money online.

(30-Aug-2016, 14:58)octaviars Wrote:
Quote:You probably cannot wait to discover the latest technologies invented by Devialet, with the Upgrade of your Expert Le 400 to Expert Pro.
As you know, our engineers have significantly enhanced performance at all power levels. This is a major hardware and software Upgrade which will be a milestone in audiophile history and will be followed by the integration of Devialet OS. This dedicated board, available in 2017, will add more brain power to your Expert Pro and enable new features, such as UPnP/DLNA. It will be offered to you for free as soon as it is available (value of €1,500).

Here are the next steps for your upgrade:

1. On September 15th, you will be able to order your Upgrade online directly from our website or through your dealer. Due to logistics, the Upgrade Program will start in the European Union, followed by other countries. I will of course let you know via email as soon as our online store opens.
  2. If you no longer have protection cases for your Expert, we will send them to you.
  3. In just a few clicks, your order will go through and Devialet will handle all the rest.
  4. We will set up a 5 working day slot to organize the collection of your Expert Le 400, directly over the phone with UPS.
  5. I will keep you informed at all steps of your Expert Le 400 Upgrade.
  6. Your Expert Pro will be delivered to you by UPS, 15 to 20 working days after collection.
  7. Plug in your speakers and enjoy new audiophile heights.
If you purchased your Expert Le 400 through a Devialet dealer and want to enter the Upgrade Program, we advise you to contact your dealer, who will guide you through the Upgrade process. 

Yours,
Judith,
Upgrade Program Manager

This came from Devialet today.
Also got a letter. Wondering how they plan to do the upgrade for people who live in a country where they have no dealer like me? I'm in no hurry. Want to get feedback from other users first.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
Most likely ship back to France via UPS
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier